Thread: Kyron problems

Question Kyron problems

I have a problem with what appears to be lack of boost.
    Let me explain, I took my car in to Multifuel to get the fuel system cleaned out and injectors cleaned and tested, one of which had to be replaced due to water damage,
    When I got the car back, it seemed a bit sluggish, but I thought it was just because I hadn't driven it for two weeks. But it is now much more pronounced, no low down power and sluggish performance, Also no acceleration in 4th gear? I took it back to Multifuel, and they checked that the turbo valve opened up on start up, so the turbo solenoid is working.
    Now my question, if the valve opens up on start up, is this opening the waste gate, or to do with the variable vane turbo, of such a thing is fitted?
    Yesterday, a customer came to collect a job and we were discussing it, and he happened to have his diagnostic tool with him, so he plugged it in and the boost was showing at 1.1bar on idle? Surely this is wrong, as I was under that impression that the max boost on my car was about .6bar, and also surely it wouldn't be pulling that boost at idle?
    I suspect the map sensor, so I took it out and cleaned it? But the car is still the same, so I am assuming it needs replacing, but at 2.5k, I don't just want to go and buy one and find out its not the problem.
    Before I take it in to my local Bosch on Monday, anyone got any answers.
    It's really a case of I hate saying "Since you" but this problem wasn't there before the work was done?
    GOF!
    Mark Backler
    09 Kyron, the Korean Snail.GONE after 11 years
    Now Merc C200 auto Kompressor

Thumbs up Re: Kyron problems

With the deathly silence here, I thought that Bosch might well be a good idea! So I popped in to see my mate Harry at Wilropark Motors, and just as well I didn't buy a turbo pressure switch. The turbo shaft is broken A year old, recon turbo!
    Anyway, there with the reason for no boost! Hopefully it's not going to rip me a new one!
    GOF!
    Mark Backler

Thumbs up Re: Kyron problems

With the deathly silence here, I thought that Bosch might well be a good idea! So I popped in to see my mate Harry at Wilropark Motors, and just as well I didn't buy a turbo pressure switch. The turbo shaft is broken&nbsp; A year old, recon turbo!&nbsp;<br>Anyway, there with the reason for no boost! Hopefully it's not going to rip me a new one!
    GOF!
    Mark Backler

Default Re: Kyron problems

Last edited by stephenplumb; 2022/05/27 at 03:27 PM.

Exclamation Re: Kyron problems

On removal of the turbo, and subsequent taking it to FORGE Turbo for assessment and possible repair, it was found that the previous un-named Turbo Experts that supplied the turbo, had assembled it with incorrect parts, thus causing the failure Too late to cry and or point fingers, they would just deny it!
    Suffice to say that I now have a correctly built unit at a very reasonable price!
    GOF!
    Mark Backler