Default Are you on here thread?

Hey guys, a few time in my movements I'll see a nice vehicle and wonder if the driver is a member.
    So, having seen nothing like this yet, let's use this thread for asking that question.
    Obviously the different provinces have their member spotted threads but that only works if there is a sticker or you know for sure who owns the vehicle.

We'll keep it simple. Description (pics if you took)
    Location and date.

Default Re: Are you on here thread?

I'll start. A red D2 td5. Pre-facelift. Camel style roof rack, union jack on the rear windows, hi lift jack on the back.
    Spotted today (Saturday) 5/02/2022 at PnP Brentwood Park. Let us know if you are on here. Very nice vehicle Sir

I dont drive a "nice" vehicle so no one would notice me
    Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    I dont drive a "nice" vehicle so no one would notice me
    Definitions of nice vary.
    This is the 4x4community, nice could be 30 years old, dented and still awesome.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chopped For This Useful Post:

Default Are you on here thread?

I like this thread and I have the perfect post for it!

So as some of you know I am busy with a refurb of a Disco 1 2 door and part of the process I found a donor in Tzaneen with all the interior bits I could ever dream of. Most I will use and some I won’t.

But looking at the pics it seems this car was once the pride and joy of a forum member. So the question is, was it yours and are you on here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b0fe693c-500f-4624-adea-f80401c95ae0.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	646736

Name:	7bccd878-7b52-4e73-a591-7cee3cc832d7.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	646737
    Last edited by DETOUR-GP; 2022/02/06 at 02:04 AM.
    Rob,

D4 SDV6 HSE ARB Bullbar, Compos, BFG 265/65R18s, Big Country drawers, National Luna 52L, Dometic 50L, Spare Wheel Carrier, Roof Rack, Hardshell RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 270 Ostrichwing, Maxtrax, TXG Rock Sliders, IIDtool, shelf

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DETOUR-GP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DETOUR-GP View Post

So as some of you know I am busy with a refurb of a Disco 1 2 door and part of the process I found a donor in Tzaneen with all the interior bits I could ever dream of. Most I will use and some I won’t.

But looking at the pics it seems this car was once the pride and joy of a forum member. So the question is, was it yours and are you on here?

I think it was antvz disco. Might be wrong
    Four wheels move the body,
    Landys move the soul.
    Current: Discovery 2 td5.
    Next landy, D3 V8 HSE Previous one.D1 v8i D1 300 TDi donkey, D1 V8 Fuel THIEF!!! freelander 1, biggest pos known to man,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam vd Merwe For This Useful Post:

Sadly, that was my Disco - my pride and joy - La(n)dy. Previously known as Sokkies and also very much loved by that previous owner.

I drove La(n)dy from 2015 to 2018 and put on about 100 000 km on her. She died early in 2019 of a conrod through the block. I was saving up to fix her when I happened to see my current Disco 1 Tdi for sale and decided to part out the old one - didn't bring in any extra money compared to selling it whole, but there was a lot of stuff I wanted to take over to the "new" one.

La(n)dy's rolling chassis went to a dominee in Soekmekaar or somewhere who was going to put a Series body on it.

I sold quite a bit of stuff but was still advertising the interior and trim, when I changed jobs and had to relocate. I donated all the stuff to a guy in Gauteng who was going to fetch it from the Tzaneen contact, but HE then sold his Disco so didn't want it anymore!

Strangely enough I saw you were looking for 2-door parts but thought that those would be long gone already. Glad they will be put to good use.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antvz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by antvz View Post
    Sadly, that was my Disco - my pride and joy - La(n)dy. Previously known as Sokkies and also very much loved by that previous owner.

I drove La(n)dy from 2015 to 2018 and put on about 100 000 km on her. She died early in 2019 of a conrod through the block. I was saving up to fix her when I happened to see my current Disco 1 Tdi for sale and decided to part out the old one - didn't bring in any extra money compared to selling it whole, but there was a lot of stuff I wanted to take over to the "new" one.

La(n)dy's rolling chassis went to a dominee in Soekmekaar or somewhere who was going to put a Series body on it.

I sold quite a bit of stuff but was still advertising the interior and trim, when I changed jobs and had to relocate. I donated all the stuff to a guy in Gauteng who was going to fetch it from the Tzaneen contact, but HE then sold his Disco so didn't want it anymore!

Strangely enough I saw you were looking for 2-door parts but thought that those would be long gone already. Glad they will be put to good use.
    WOW what an awesome story to read!!! This most certainly will become a well loved landy with all kinds of parts from other landys such as yours.

I bought all the interior bits in the photos above from a guy called Charles - your contact?
    Rob,

D4 SDV6 HSE ARB Bullbar, Compos, BFG 265/65R18s, Big Country drawers, National Luna 52L, Dometic 50L, Spare Wheel Carrier, Roof Rack, Hardshell RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 270 Ostrichwing, Maxtrax, TXG Rock Sliders, IIDtool, shelf

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DETOUR-GP For This Useful Post:

WOW what an awesome story to read!!! This most certainly will become a well loved landy with all kinds of parts from other landys such as yours.

I bought all the interior bits in the photos above from a guy called Charles - your contact?
    Yes :-) I took all that stuff up the mountain in December 2020.

I do hope that roof lining is still fine. The previous owner had it redone, I didn't fully appreciate how nice it was till I saw the sagging one in my current Landy.

Here is the original thread about La(n)dy...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Another vehicle I've seen once or twice is an 05 to 07 Ranger, I'm guessing the year.

Full canopy setup, clamshell rtt, 4 big spots on the roof. I think it has been raptor coated. Like a cruiser sand colour. Awesome rig. There is sticker on the mirror, roundabout overland or something like that. If you're on here Sir, that's a beautiful bakkie.

I nearly took this car home from Centurion Mall today. Does it perhaps belong to someone here? It's the splitting image of my Fugard, who was parked just a few cars down the row :-)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220403_125136.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	652772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InShot_20220403_163107944.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	652773

18. The Following User Says Thank You to antvz For This Useful Post: