Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Best selling planes...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Connan View Post
    Apparently nearly 50k Piper Cubs were made.
    I realized it was used as military spotter and trainer, but it was developed as a general aviation trainer in the early 30's
    The Piper Cub is not a certified plane. It falls into the micro light category. I'm sure if we start including them, then hang-gliders and para glider will feature near the top of the list.

C
    If you ain't livin on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

Quote Originally Posted by C Africa View Post
    The Piper Cub is not a certified plane. It falls into the micro light category. I'm sure if we start including them, then hang-gliders and para glider will feature near the top of the list.

C
    You may have confused the Cub look-alike single seat homebuilt Ultralight/Microlight with the “real” Piper Cub…

Some Piper Cub versions can qualify under Light Sport rules under 1320lbs gross wt, but not as a Microlight in the US

The Piper Cub J-2 was originally certified as manufactured with Type Certificate ATC-595, then later as J-3 with A-691 and can be operated in Standard, Utility, or Restricted Categories depending on limitations in the TC/AFM

All variants up to the PA-18 Super Cub will have a TC issued from the factory

You can also build a Piper Cub (J-3 to PA-18) from scratch or from parts in the US and certify in Experimental Category as well
    David Vierra
    Needs palm trees & sun…
    ‘22 Ford F-350 4X4 7.3L
    ‘13 VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0L
    ‘95 Toyota Corolla 1.6L
    ‘52 Beech Bonanza

Quote Originally Posted by C Africa View Post

C
    It most certainly is.
    Cheers,
    John Kilfoil

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Land Rover Discovery II V8 Manual
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2