Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What vehicle to hire for month in parks in Kenya including Masai Mara

thanks
    i would be happy in any 4x4 as long as maintained and reliable

Default Re: What vehicle to hire for month in parks in Kenya including Masai Mara

so far thumbs up for central rent a car: good communication and convenient delivery to our Camp in Nairobi.
    Easy and uncomplicated contracting and payment.
    vehicle has spent some years on the road but makes a good impression. we will not drive in really challenging conditions but I could imagine to do so.
    Can tell more in a few days.

Give them a try and tell them about whereabout you will go

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mabe For This Useful Post:

Does anyone has experience with: https://www.intu4x4.com/4x4-rentals/ or have heard of this company?

I believe they just entered the rental market but have a lot of experience selling and mounting overland gear on 4x4 vehicles. Communication is great with them

No, I’ve never heard of them, but their website looks legit. I am in the fortunate position of not having to hire a vehicle in Kenya. Well done them for starting a new business in Kenya aimed at the domestic market and the international market.

From my reading of their website, it looks like most of their vehicles are self-drive but on guided tours, but I may have mis-interpreted. As I have said in the past, hiring fully-equipped 4x4s in Kenya is not cheap - it would appear that the Land Cruiser “Punda” costs USD250 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by madaboutafrica View Post
    thanks
    i would be happy in any 4x4 as long as maintained and reliable
    It would be good to know how “madaboutafrica” got on with their research and whether their trip to Kenya happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazungu Wawili View Post
    No, I’ve never heard of them, but their website looks legit. I am in the fortunate position of not having to hire a vehicle in Kenya. Well done them for starting a new business in Kenya aimed at the domestic market and the international market.

From my reading of their website, it looks like most of their vehicles are self-drive but on guided tours, but I may have mis-interpreted. As I have said in the past, hiring fully-equipped 4x4s in Kenya is not cheap - it would appear that the Land Cruiser “Punda” costs USD250 per day.
    Yes, they organize organized self-drives but it is also possible just to rent a vehicle with them. They are definitely not cheap but their vehicles come with dual batteries and fridge, shower tent. This is something I was missing at Road Trip Africa.

Just booked tickets to Kenya for September 2023. I will make a trip report (to proof that not all Dutchies are the same )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RTB117 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RTB117 View Post
    Yes, they organize organized self-drives but it is also possible just to rent a vehicle with them. They are definitely not cheap but their vehicles come with dual batteries and fridge, shower tent. This is something I was missing at Road Trip Africa.

Just booked tickets to Kenya for September 2023. I will make a trip report (to proof that not all Dutchies are the same )
    Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by RTB117 View Post
    Does anyone has experience with: https://www.intu4x4.com/4x4-rentals/ or have heard of this company?

I believe they just entered the rental market but have a lot of experience selling and mounting overland gear on 4x4 vehicles. Communication is great with them
    I know the owner personally and the cars are in great shape and very well equipped. I would absolutely recommend renting from Intu4x4 when in Kenya if you can fit it in your budget - they are much pricier than most competitors.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chf For This Useful Post:

Thank you! I just completed my rental request with them.

Price is a little lower compared to Sunworld but Intu has far better insurance conditions.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RTB117 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2