Thread: 2022 Roadtrip

Default 2022 Roadtrip

Just returned from a 5347km roadtrip that took me through breathtaking scenery across our country done over three weeks.
    From Durbanville in Cape Town, Moorreesburg, Piketberg, Citrusdal, Clanwilliam, Vanrhynsdorp, Nieuwoudtville, Calvinia, Williston, Carnarvon, Britstown, Hopetown, Kimberley, Hertzogville, then 60km gravel road to Hoopstad and the most dangerous road to Bothaville where it was best to ride on the side of the road to avoid potholes, Vredefort, Parys, Fochville, Westernaria, Randfontein, Krugersdorp, Pretoria, Bela-Bela (Warmbad), Boksburg, Deneysville (Vaaldam) , Villiers, Warden, Harrismith, Sterkfonteindam, Drakensville, Bergville, Winterton, Mooi River, Howick, Pietermaritzburg, Pinetown, Durban, Umhlanga, Ballito, Scottburgh, Port Shepstone, Kokstad, then the very dangerous and unpleasant road through Umtata up to East London, Port Alfred, Port Elizabeth, Jeffreysbaai, Plettenbergbaai, Knysna, George, Mosselbaai, Albertina, Swellendam, Robertson, Worcester where we hit 43 degrees Celsius, Paarl and finally back home in Durbanville.
    The karoo was the most beautiful and wet from rain I've every seen this part of our world, both the Orange and Vaal rivers were in flood. The bosveld in Warmbad was breathtaking, the Vaaldam and Sterkfonteindam were filled to the brim, we travelled from Johannesburg to Durban over two days, both in rain.
    Changed tyres in Boksburg as I damaged one quite badly in a pothole and fitted Pirreli ATR Plus tyres. Very, very happy.
    My 2018 Nissan Navara (D23), loaded with a camping fridge and Lithium battery pack, with lots more luggage than needed made the trip an absolute breeze. I achieved an average fuel consumption of 11.6 km/l.
    Loved this trip, it was something I wanted to do for a long time. It won't be the last.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Munnika For This Useful Post:

Default Re: 2022 Roadtrip

That sounds like an epic trip.
    Last edited by Chopped; 2022/01/23 at 06:07 PM.

Great trip! But you will have to do it again - you missed Mpumalanga.
    Johan Swanepoel

"Nkabe ke ngwana wa morago"

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie1960 View Post
    Great trip! But you will have to do it again - you missed Mpumalanga.
    That's true, and North West. I need no convincing planning the next one!

Ek het al amper dieselfde gedoen, maar jare terug toe dit vreeslik droog was in die hele land. Al wat ek ekstra gedoen het was die Laeveld deur Pelgrim's Rus se area en Nelspruit. Nou wil ek dit weer doen!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stefanpcoetzer For This Useful Post: