Tips to new members!!

Default Tips to new members!!

I retired to Leisure Bay KZN in 2010 after 'expatting' in Zim(4yrs) then Ghana (3yrs) and finally Zambia(9yrs)
    I drive a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Crd(my 7th one!) and also have a 2010 Mercedes Benz ML 350 4Matic Bluetec

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alskatraz For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tips to new members!!

Welcome.How was the experience living in the other 3 countries

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:

Welcome!

What tips do you need?
    Errol Cornelius

Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

Welcome. Sounds like you can give us tips, rather than the other way around.
    Aristotle wrote; ''Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution. It represents the wise choice of many alternatives. Choice, not chance, determines your destiny''

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Welcome.How was the experience living in the other 3 countries
    Hit Zim in the sweet spot from '94 to '98 when the economy suddenly normalized and Forex became available. Ghana is a different part of Africa to what we're used to. Extreme climate being above the equator and very different culture. A lot of Ghanians are widely travelled and highly educated mostly in UK Europe and USA. Zambia was the best! Worked up on the Copperbelt in Chingola and lived some 60kms away in Kitwe. Spent many happy hours Tiger fishing on the Zambezi and also Kariba. Also spent some time in the DRC being involved in mining. A lot different too especially with the language barrier!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alskatraz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alskatraz View Post
    Hit Zim in the sweet spot from '94 to '98 when the economy suddenly normalized and Forex became available. Ghana is a different part of Africa to what we're used to. Extreme climate being above the equator and very different culture. A lot of Ghanians are widely travelled and highly educated mostly in UK Europe and USA. Zambia was the best! Worked up on the Copperbelt in Chingola and lived some 60kms away in Kitwe. Spent many happy hours Tiger fishing on the Zambezi and also Kariba. Also spent some time in the DRC being involved in mining. A lot different too especially with the language barrier!
    I haven't been to Zim but I've worked as an Expat in Zambia for a short time and Ghana for 18 months. Both were really cool, super friendly people in general.

Welcome here.

I miss Zambia. I was Country Director for a large Logistics company. Awesome country and awesome people. You probably know the pub at Ndola airport

Many a missed flight started there
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Hummer H3 V8

#itsnotaboutME

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    I miss Zambia. I was Country Director for a large Logistics company. Awesome country and awesome people. You probably know the pub at Ndola airport

Many a missed flight started there
    I never personally worked on the copper belt side but I've picked my dad up the airport once or twice when he was coming back. I understand more now

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopped For This Useful Post: