Triton 2.5 - Please help

Default Triton 2.5 - Please help

Hi guys

I have posted some questions on other threads, but please assist if you have any info that can help.

Triton 2.5 2007
    215k on the clock

Problem started in March this year with inconsistent idling which escalated to engine cutting out intermittently between all the steps listed below (with as much as 3000km in between).

Actions thus far (to the best of my memory)

1. Replaced SCV - Purchased Denso part from Nissan, installed by Henk.
    2. Advised to install temporary booster pump - if works then it indicates that the pump is the problem (which worked fine for the week or so before step 3)
    3. Fitted second hand diesel pump
    4. Went to Mitsi Tech for 2nd opinion - replaced SCV and rail pressure sensor (Code was P0089 SCV stuck).
    5. Took back to Mitsi Tech - suspected moisture in the RPS (Code was P0093 Fuel leak), just cleaned RPS
    6. Roelf Auto Elec (Pta) suspected faulty injectors - removed injectors and tested on bench at D&F Diesel, based on results they advised that I recon injectors.
    7. D&F Diesel replaced small pipe that feeds pump.
    8. D&F Diesel then tested pump again, advised that pump had to be repaired again. If I understand correctly they replaced a housing and SCV again.
    9. D&F Diesel took out whole system and re-installed. Car is running and they are busy testing.

What is worrying to me is that no other faults have been picked up with #9.

Cost thus far +-R70k

After working through all the threads, I have picked up the following possible causes/factors:

• Electrical connections and wiring on the rail pressure sensor
    • Oxygen sensor (although I think this was cleaned somewhere in the process)
    • Blockage in the tank and the pickup inside
    • Short harness that connects to the cam sensor, fuel rail sensor and EGR to the engine harness
    • Small gap where the wires enter the plastic housing of the water trap on the filter.

I am not sure which of the above would have been eliminated with all the actions taken thus far?

Any advice/input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by WernsKriel; 2021/12/02 at 08:13 PM.

Default Re: Triton 2.5 - Please help

Thats a tough one.Its very possibly a wiring issue but where to start.
    I am very surprised guys have replaced the scv so often.That makes no sense.

If the problem persist, cut your losses. It's not worth it spending that amount of cash on an old vehicle. Tough decision, I know, but it seems you've tried every option there is?

And yes, replacing the SCV 3 times makes no sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Hello Werns
    ive send pvt message but not sure if it gone through.
    Contact me o649767771 around the problem on you mitsibushi

Quote Originally Posted by WernsKriel View Post
    Hi guys

I have posted some questions on other threads, but please assist if you have any info that can help.

Triton 2.5 2007
    215k on the clock

Problem started in March this year with inconsistent idling which escalated to engine cutting out intermittently between all the steps listed below (with as much as 3000km in between).

Actions thus far (to the best of my memory)

1. Replaced SCV - Purchased Denso part from Nissan, installed by Henk.
    2. Advised to install temporary booster pump - if works then it indicates that the pump is the problem (which worked fine for the week or so before step 3)
    3. Fitted second hand diesel pump
    4. Went to Mitsi Tech for 2nd opinion - replaced SCV and rail pressure sensor (Code was P0089 SCV stuck).
    5. Took back to Mitsi Tech - suspected moisture in the RPS (Code was P0093 Fuel leak), just cleaned RPS
    6. Roelf Auto Elec (Pta) suspected faulty injectors - removed injectors and tested on bench at D&F Diesel, based on results they advised that I recon injectors.
    7. D&F Diesel replaced small pipe that feeds pump.
    8. D&F Diesel then tested pump again, advised that pump had to be repaired again. If I understand correctly they replaced a housing and SCV again.
    9. D&F Diesel took out whole system and re-installed. Car is running and they are busy testing.

What is worrying to me is that no other faults have been picked up with #9.

Cost thus far +-R70k

After working through all the threads, I have picked up the following possible causes/factors:

• Electrical connections and wiring on the rail pressure sensor
    • Oxygen sensor (although I think this was cleaned somewhere in the process)
    • Blockage in the tank and the pickup inside
    • Short harness that connects to the cam sensor, fuel rail sensor and EGR to the engine harness
    • Small gap where the wires enter the plastic housing of the water trap on the filter.

I am not sure which of the above would have been eliminated with all the actions taken thus far?

Any advice/input would be appreciated.