Zimparks online booking system

Default Zimparks online booking system

hi all,
    Following my whatsapp contact with Christine Mhuriro and after months of silence I now recieved an email with my booking details as well as a user name and password created by admin for access to the booking system.

Unfortunately they ask for 100% prepayment. In the current situation a bit of a gamble...

This is the site, the "s" in https is missing I am wondering how safe the platform is. http://154.120.225.2/bookingsystem/index.php

The my personal details I had originally submitted by WA was uploaded correctly and I even got the reservation I wanted.

I would appreciate to hear from other experiences.

thanks and regards Leona
    La Leona

2. The Following User Says Thank You to La Leona For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Zimparks online booking system

I donít know what time of year you intend going but I wouldnít bother to book unless you have very specific sites youíd like.

Then itís a matter of taking your chances, I guess. Who knows what Covid regulations may be in place but the one thing Iíll guarantee is that you wonít get a refund. At best youíll get a date change within a year.

Hi Rob
    Whenever possible I try to stay flexible, specially regarding campsites. But our next travel dates fall right into the zim school holiday season and this time we booked lodges, not camp sites.
    Rgds

5. The Following User Says Thank You to La Leona For This Useful Post:

The link on my previous post gives access to the zimparks online booking platform. One can choose date , park, a specific camp and type of accommodation. Campsite, chalet or lodge. Prices are calculated depending on residence (2-tier) To me this is brand new and I am surprised that nobody has commented about it.
    La Leona

Thanks for the link, looks really promising. Bookmarked.
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

So, this platform has not been announcend to the public but is operational. I have tried it out for a particular booking and was able to choose even the exact chalet. All went well and I got a booking confirmation number at the end. The next day my new friend Christine Mhuriro scolded me via WA a bit for having used the online system and she reminded me that she gets immediate notice from the system and it is up to manual process wether a booking placed in this manner is cancelled or confirmed.

Bottom line: I find it useful to be able to scroll thru all the options of accommodations, especially regarding the lodges at Mana, Robins etc and then wait how they react on the other end.
    It worked just fine for me, Christine added the new booking I had made online to my existing booking made via email/whatsapp and I was able to pay all together. Hope this helps and not confuses.
    La Leona