Hilux Legend Telemetary

Default Hilux Legend Telemetary

Just how much info does Toyota get on telemetary etc on the new Hlux Legend?
    On the Toyota App I recently booked a 30K service. The app gave me the position of my car as well as the up to date kilometers. I am sure other models and makes are "connected".

My question is how is this info transmitted? Via the built in wifi or is there a type of tracker put in at factory build?

If the car is stolen can the info be switched off or disabled?

It also begs the question why have a tracking device if all the relevant info can be seen on the app.

Default Re: Hilux Legend Telemetary

Quote Originally Posted by Piet Faure View Post
    Just how much info does Toyota get on telemetary etc on the new Hlux Legend?
    On the Toyota App I recently booked a 30K service. The app gave me the position of my car as well as the up to date kilometers. I am sure other models and makes are "connected".

My question is how is this info transmitted? Via the built in wifi or is there a type of tracker put in at factory build?

If the car is stolen can the info be switched off or disabled?

It also begs the question why have a tracking device if all the relevant info can be seen on the app.
    Something I have wondered about as well. It must have some form of GSM device built in.

Friend has a new Ranger. With the Ford Connect, he can even read his fuel level ect.

Could well be used against you when in an accident. Oh, so and so was doing 140km/h instead of 80...