New type of Gas Bottle Stand?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default New type of Gas Bottle Stand?

Hi All, wanted to get your thoughts on a camping accessory i designed, manufacture and am now starting to sell.

Full disclosure, this post is intended to receive feedback / thoughts on the product... not to try drive sales through this post hence I've removed all the contact and sales info from the document (think this is the wrong section of the forum for that - maybe you could also steer me to where best that could be posted).

The accessory in question is a stand designed to clamp onto the bottom of mostly any gas bottle (up to 9kg) - it clamps onto the inner lip on the gas bottles base ring.

The main intent is to make the gas bottle (hot wheel / skottel) more stable, with the ability to level the setup and to eliminate rocking on things like grass or brick paved surfaces, etc.

Anybody used anything like this before?
    Is there a need? - So far a few people like the concept.
    Stainless Steel vs Electro-plated mild steel?
    It weighs 1.1kg - is this too heavy? Some have said so but I personally don't think so.

I've attached a pdf document showing how it works, pictures, etc. but removed the contact details, etc. in hopes that the post doesn't get deleted

I'm also a bit worried to post a link to the website... not sure if thats allowed here so rather playing it safe... haha.

I've mostly found that people interested have been a bit hesitant / don't really seem to see the need but after I've convinced them to just try it for a day or two (while camping), they come back loving it - thoughts on how I could get around this initial hurdle? Or maybe it's just something that people don't really worry about?

Looking forward to hearing back from the community.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burtie For This Useful Post:

Default Re: New type of Gas Bottle Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Burtie View Post
    Hi All, wanted to get your thoughts on a camping accessory i designed, manufacture and am now starting to sell.

Full disclosure, this post is intended to receive feedback / thoughts on the product... not to try drive sales through this post hence I've removed all the contact and sales info from the document (think this is the wrong section of the forum for that - maybe you could also steer me to where best that could be posted).

The accessory in question is a stand designed to clamp onto the bottom of mostly any gas bottle (up to 9kg) - it clamps onto the inner lip on the gas bottles base ring.

The main intent is to make the gas bottle (hot wheel / skottel) more stable, with the ability to level the setup and to eliminate rocking on things like grass or brick paved surfaces, etc.

Anybody used anything like this before?
    Is there a need? - So far a few people like the concept.
    Stainless Steel vs Electro-plated mild steel?
    It weighs 1.1kg - is this too heavy? Some have said so but I personally don't think so.

I've attached a pdf document showing how it works, pictures, etc. but removed the contact details, etc. in hopes that the post doesn't get deleted

I'm also a bit worried to post a link to the website... not sure if thats allowed here so rather playing it safe... haha.

I've mostly found that people interested have been a bit hesitant / don't really seem to see the need but after I've convinced them to just try it for a day or two (while camping), they come back loving it - thoughts on how I could get around this initial hurdle? Or maybe it's just something that people don't really worry about?

Looking forward to hearing back from the community.
    Would like to own one. Fantastic idea!!

Ditto great product!

Hi,

I think this is a very good idea. Even at home I have this problem uneven concrete surface and causing the wobble. I normally move the bottle around to a spot where is stands stable. If the surface is slanted it also has the effect of oil on the pan running to one side.
    This will level the whole setup very easily. Especially it the gas bottle needs to support a skottel braai pan.
    When camping a sandy surface helps to get things level but as soon as the area has hard soil which, cannot be manipulated easily, it becomes a problem and you have to search for a "good" spot.

It could even work on grass surface.

Like the idea very much. . .

Very cool idea. Personally I’ve not had a problem with stability - but I could see how one could.

have you considered whether the base could be left affixed, and in turn serve as a mount onto a roof rack? For what it is, Front Runner’s lpg tank bracket is stupid expensive.

As designed legs are probably too long (to leave affixed on roof rack) in any case neat idea. Looks very well thought thru.
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2021/11/29 at 08:53 AM.

Fortunately my gas cylinder has the extendable/fold-out feet built in. No idea where I got it, and haven't seen any others like it.
    Guy B. Vergoes Houwens
    2014 LC76 4.5 V8

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ghouwens For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Very cool idea. Personally I’ve not had a problem with stability - but I could see how one could.

have you considered whether the base could be left affixed, and in turn serve as a mount onto a roof rack? For what it is, Front Runner’s lpg tank bracket is stupid expensive.

As designed legs are probably too long… in any case neat idea. Looks very well thought thru.
    The part in Bold I agree with. Would be a very nice combined solution.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Langsaam For This Useful Post:

Very nifty idea, very clever. If it is light enough and the price is right you should sell lots!
    "Be careful who you let onto your ship, some people will sink the whole ship just because they cannot be captain"

Luka Geertsema

Brilliant idea. 8 have had a skottel tip over due to ground, similar to an overloaded roof rack. Can you PM me price pls. If you want to go lighter,maybe bend flat sheet into a sort of trunking ie lipped trunking or strong aluminium cut into a triangle shape with holes drilled through to lighten ,similar to plane wings . But all in all a brilliant concept.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Very neat design!
    -----------------------------
    Isuzu Frontier 280LX 4x4 2001

It looks like a simple and effective solution to what can be a major issue.

I would use my skottle more if I have one of these.

Please pm me the price.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Hummer H3 V8

Very nice.

Why not register on the forum as a commercial member then you can also sell here.

Looks like a bit of overkill construction wise. The concept is great and could be manufactured for a 1/4 of the price.

My concern would be people (especially kids) stubbing their toes or tripping over the hight adjusters.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

This is a very clever idea.
    The only thing that came to mind was on a personal level. Even though I was born with feet and you would think I'd be used to them by now but I have not always got full control over them. I see kicked toes and tripping happening.

I still think this idea solves a problem and I will add it to my list of wants.

Great idea!
    Guys..really? Tripping over it?
    Next time you go camping look around you and count how many tripping hazards you count...
    Just your tent pegs and lines alone are more of a hazard not even to mention tannie Koba next door with her washing line set up and all
    Be nice

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Werner Brits For This Useful Post:

It is a very good idea and, correct me if I'm wrong, it has been around before. I have a similar thing somewhere.

Only a chop will trip over that but rather a chop tripping than my chops being kicked over

Nice, well thought out piece of equipment. By the looks of it it folds down to a compact parcel to make packing easy. If only folks know the amount of cutting and weding work that goes in to this accessory.
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

I like it. PM me a price please.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Brits View Post
    Great idea!
    Guys..really? Tripping over it?
    Next time you go camping look around you and count how many tripping hazards you count...
    Just your tent pegs and lines alone are more of a hazard not even to mention tannie Koba next door with her washing line set up and all
    Be nice
    Not quite the same thing. You expect to see something around a tent, and falling into a hot pan, is kinda different.

Just my opinion. It would sway my buy. Have a look at the design - there are bolts sticking out of the ground.

Also Werner, I assume your aren't 6 years old, it's kids that would concern me.

Having said that, I cant think of an alternative safer system.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2021/11/29 at 12:39 PM.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

Last edited by Alan Ellis; 2021/11/29 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbannink View Post
    Only a chop will trip over that but rather a chop tripping than my chops being kicked over

Nice, well thought out piece of equipment. By the looks of it it folds down to a compact parcel to make packing easy. If only folks know the amount of cutting and weding work that goes in to this accessory.
    That was exactly my point.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast