Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Jimny Gen4 1st impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas W View Post
    Mike, those wheel spacers are not manufactured correctly! That unused thread on those nuts is dangerous and NOT supposed to be that way. How have you torqued them? Supposed to be 110 - 120 NM,,and my guess is that those nuts won't hold.
    I have wheel spacers from Germany, nuts use all the thread available.

My 2 cents: don't drive like that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacer4.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	638614

This is what they are supposed to look like. I will be removing mine shortly and sending them back. The nuts are not very deep, will measure what percentage of threads were biting. For safety all should be biting.

Edit: the ones I bought are universal for Jimny, SJ40, Lada Niva and Ford F100. All have 5 studs with a 139.7 mm PCD. I suspect that the studs of the others, like the Ford F100, are longer, which would allow all threads of the nuts to be used.

Edit2: After measuring, only 9.5mm thread of the 16.5 thick nut were binding, ie 58%. I believe that there are many out there like this and working fine. I'm not chancing it though.
    Last edited by mikeml; Today at 08:17 AM.
    Mike Lauterbach

A friend spent thousands trying to resolve a vibration in his previous gen Jimny, turned out to be a spacer that was just not sitting quite right.......
    Suzuki Gypsy - The lighter side of life

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DustGypsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DustGypsy View Post
    A friend spent thousands trying to resolve a vibration in his previous gen Jimny, turned out to be a spacer that was just not sitting quite right.......
    Yip, many have had this problem reading from various forums. Fitting instructions are quite specific to make sure that the mating surfaces are clean and smooth. No problem for me yet as I have not driven with spacers yet . Waiting for another set now.

On another note, I ordered a grey spare wheel cover with a pocket from Escape Gear for a 205/70 R15 tyre. I fitted 215/75 R15 though, so this wheel cover does not fit. I paid R1000 for it without shipping. I think it was this low because of the Black Friday special - as the normal price is R1450. Anyone want it for R1000, including shipping?

Name:	wheel_cover.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	638672
    Mike Lauterbach

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    Yip, many have had this problem reading from various forums. Fitting instructions are quite specific to make sure that the mating surfaces are clean and smooth. No problem for me yet as I have not driven with spacers yet . Waiting for another set now.

On another note, I ordered a grey spare wheel cover with a pocket from Escape Gear for a 205/70 R15 tyre. I fitted 215/75 R15 though, so this wheel cover does not fit. I paid R1000 for it without shipping. I think it was this low because of the Black Friday special - as the normal price is R1450. Anyone want it for R1000, including shipping?

Name:	wheel_cover.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	638672
    I'll take it, thanks Mike

Former Game Ranger / Safari Guide
    2017 Jimny aka "Rateltjie"

Quote Originally Posted by PJ SA View Post
    I'll take it, thanks Mike
    Sold to PJ SA