Thread: Mushingashi

Default Mushingashi

Anyone have the contact details off how to book at the Mushingashi Conservancy for camping

Also Mc Brides camp in the Kafue

Default Re: Mushingashi

Mushingashi I don't know, but for bookings at Kafue NP you can try [email protected] com.
    We can recommend it, because Chris and Charlotte are wonderful host with a huge knowledge about the area where they live since 25 years.
    Regards Topi

Mushingashi is not easy to get hold of. Darrell Watt was in charge there, but I see when I Google his name that there is/was a case in the Lusaka High Court underway with him taking on Mushingashi, no details given. You could probably just pitch up at the gate (it is very close to McBrides) and ask - there's a delightful little campsite with absolutely no facilities right on the river, and, as far as I know, a campsite near the HQ.
    Be aware that the conservancy is highly militarised as an anti-poaching response, and that it is/was closed to the public during the hunting season (no idea when that is in Zambia). So expect some suspicion from the guards when you pitch up at the gate! McBrides should be able to help with contact details.
    The last time we were there, we had permission to camp in the grounds of the camp at Kashokoto, which is their bungalow site - not sure how the permission was arranged, as Mike Garnham (former forum member) arranged it from the UK.

Name:  Mushingashi Kashokoto camp river shot (2).JPG
Views: 90
Size:  70.4 KB
    Last edited by Tony Weaver; 2021/11/25 at 04:19 PM.
    Tony Weaver
    2010 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 3.2l diesel
    Previously
    1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line 3.5l V8; 1968 2.25l Land Rover SII; 1969 2.6l SIIA; 1973 2.25l SIII
    1983 Toyota HiLux 2l 4x4

Mushingashi was bought by Paul Tudor Jones, so access is no longer available, not sure what is happening but you hear lots of stories etc… lots of $$$ being spent, fences etc…

Some info as attached.

https://dailystar.news/Articles/Inde...aysNewsArticle

Best to WhatsApp Charlotte or Chris numbers on website, was there last month.

Thanks for all the helpful responses. We camped in Mushangashi years ago in 2014 it was great, plenty of game, well managed. Sad to see we cannot enjoy this again