Sundays River Advice - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Sundays River Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mikepike View Post
    Managed to catch a PB Grunter of close to 4kg. Ended with 7 Grunter overall, but unfortunately no Kob.

Sunrise almost as impressive as sunset.
    Beautiful Grunter, well done.. do you mind sharing a bit about the catch? tide, time, bait, tackle used etc.. would love to hear more..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtreme 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Sundays River Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme 4x4 View Post
    Beautiful Grunter, well done.. do you mind sharing a bit about the catch? tide, time, bait, tackle used etc.. would love to hear more..
    Sorry for the late reply. Fished a pushing tide around 14:00. Cast a pink prawn out onto a shallow sand bank and fish on. I generally fish with a 7 foot Shimano spinning rod matched to a 2500 Okuma Blue diamond reel with 4.5kg mono. Rigged with a 3/0 Circle hook and tiny sliding ball sinker. I also hook the prawn through the last two tail segments for a more natural presentation and a more lively bait.

I am currently down in Sedgfield and have had similar success fishing to 'tailing' Grunter in about 40cm of water. Have generally fished the pushing tide, as the Grunter move onto the sandbanks, but time of day has not had a major impact.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikepike For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2