Default Is It Possible to Find Someone For Trip to Botswana

It's been 10yrs since I was last in Botswana and I'd love to go back. Problem is I can't find anyone who is interested. I know I could sign up for a "tour" type deal but I would rather not. Much more interested in self drive. I'm just not keen in doing this by myself as the cost becomes a bit too high due to the cost of the vehicle rental.

Just going to throw this out there and see if there's anyone that would be interested in sharing the cost of a Bushlore rental, campsites, fuel etc and doing a 15-17 day trip. I could do anytime between July to Oct 2022 providing it's still possible to find available sites.

I'm a 54yr old Canadian male. I'd be willing to chat via zoom, email etc. Just wondering if someone might be in the same situation.

Default Re: Is It Possible to Find Someone For Trip to Botswana

Wow... What a pity... We were looking for just such a person to share a vehicle in July... We ended up with two vehicles and 3 pax...

Good luck... I am sure you will find someone

Lucky you! I find it hard to get a solid commitment from people so far out. They just don't realize how quickly things get booked up and the amount of planning required.

Sharing a vehicle could be a very challenging.Trip can turn south quickly. I would prefer if both of you are driving your own vehicle but sharing campsites and same routes and game drives. Itís very difficult to accommodate a stranger especially in a bush setting. It will start with just simple staff, like where do I pack my bags or who is driving today. Some people are birds fanatics and would wanna spent more time birding while you want big game. With separate vehicle, you can always meet and campsite.
    Even though this arrangement reduces costs, it could turn out to be nightmare.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PAT n WOLF For This Useful Post:

It's possible. That's why a good zoom chat a few times to feel each other out would be good to go over all those aspects. As you said, another option is renting a vehicle and sharing campsite costs and company and not worrying about being alone stuck alone somewhere. I'm definitey open to it but it's not my first default option.

If anyone is interested in either option, just let me know.
    Last edited by danielbme; 2021/10/26 at 02:52 PM.

Ok cancelling this and moving to 2023 as something looks to be coming my way for then.