Default Dunlop AT3Gm vs Maxxis Razr 811 AT

Hi everyone

I'm in the market for new rubber on my LC100 4.2 VX and it has come down to the Dunlop AT3GM (3 ply one) and the Razr 811 ATs.

My research shows they're both great, but there's about R800 per tyre difference in favour of the Dunlops. Obviously another consideration would be ease of replacement and the Maxxis will be much more of a challenge in our neighbouring countries if on tour whereas I would imagine the Dunlops are widely available.

On looks I reckon the Maxxis have it, and that's no small thing, but in the end I want what makes most sense for the vehicle, which will be used as our holiday and touring vehicle.

Any nudges in a direction will be appreciated. At least then I can say that you all made me do it

Default Re: Dunlop AT3Gm vs Maxxis Razr 811 AT

Quote Originally Posted by Bom Boshoff View Post
    Hi everyone

I'm in the market for new rubber on my LC100 4.2 VX and it has come down to the Dunlop AT3GM (3 ply one) and the Razr 811 ATs.

My research shows they're both great, but there's about R800 per tyre difference in favour of the Dunlops. Obviously another consideration would be ease of replacement and the Maxxis will be much more of a challenge in our neighbouring countries if on tour whereas I would imagine the Dunlops are widely available.

On looks I reckon the Maxxis have it, and that's no small thing, but in the end I want what makes most sense for the vehicle, which will be used as our holiday and touring vehicle.

Any nudges in a direction will be appreciated. At least then I can say that you all made me do it

Hey there,

Dunlop is a locally based manufacturer and should you fit on the Dunlop brand and require support in any form whatsoever, Dunlop will be able to leverage of their network to support you where needed.

Quinton De Beer
    Dunlop Community Manager