Anyone got experience with the budget brand tyre... ROYAL BLACK...

Default Anyone got experience with the budget brand tyre... ROYAL BLACK...

Hi there...
    I'm in the market for new tyres for my Lada...
    Running with Voltyres at 175 80 R16 that are not available locally and looking to fit the Royal Blacks but can only get it from 215 70 R16.
    Does anyone have experience or can give a review or feedback on the Royal Black A/T tyres.
    The tyre in the pic is what i wanna fit and yes... I know there's way better tyres out there but im buying on a budget so I'm getting what i can afford...

Default Re: Anyone got experience with the budget brand tyre... ROYAL BLACK...

I had Catchfors MT on a Landie for a time, same exact font on the sidewall, so probably could be same factory?
    Was happy with them and they performed very well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sparewheel For This Useful Post:

John, not the Royal Black ATs but snow tyre review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98RSzSOoPi4
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Hummer H3 V8

#itsnotaboutME

I have a Royal Black AT spare on my Landy (31 10.5R15). All I could find in Malalane in May when I wrote off a Wrangler in Kruger. Up to now its been sitting pretty, have not lost pressure or fallen off on its own
    Mike Nieuwoudt
    '89 LR 110 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    I have a Royal Black AT spare on my Landy (31 10.5R15). All I could find in Malalane in May when I wrote off a Wrangler in Kruger. Up to now its been sitting pretty, have not lost pressure or fallen off on its own

Put them on my Pajtu after a disappointing 47 000 only from a set of Pirelli scorpions. Did the Kgalagadi on those horrible corrugations and was very happy and pleased with them. They are softer but that's OK, they deform nicely over sharp rocks. Still going strong.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stranger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Put them on my Pajtu after a disappointing 47 000 only from a set of Pirelli scorpions. Did the Kgalagadi on those horrible corrugations and was very happy and pleased with them. They are softer but that's OK, they deform nicely over sharp rocks. Still going strong.
    How's the sidewalls... Strong enough to withstand some abuse...?

Just check the speed and load rating that they are correct for your vehicle..I saw a guy once that had them on..he said he had done 30000km and no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Just check the speed and load rating that they are correct for your vehicle..I saw a guy once that had them on..he said he had done 30000km and no issues.
    Speed rating not important on a Lada... It's sort of a slow brick but very capable...

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    What the kilos on the Royal Blacks now if i may ask...?

Quote Originally Posted by John.oosthuizen95 View Post
    What the kilos on the Royal Blacks now if i may ask...?
    About 15 000, not really showing signs of wear yet. As they appear and feel to be a bit softer than the previous tyres I only let them down to 1.8 bar and there is no significant bulge. They did really well in the sand and felt good on the rocks. I run them at 2.6 on the tar. There is a bit of road noise but I had that with all the AT's I had.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stranger For This Useful Post:

Royal Black's fitted...
    1st impression is they drive quite well... Now to see how long it will last....
    /03c730e92ffffae29ad24514221e29db.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by John.oosthuizen95; 2021/10/22 at 11:47 AM.