Default Recommendation: Home Security - Wireless Camera's with Integrated Beams

Hi All,

I am looking for a recommendations and option on a wireless home security system. I have seen Hikvision, Eufy. Hikvision looks great, but most of their systems are wired to a DVR.

I would like something that is modular and wireless where I can add beams, sensor and cameras, also something that integrated into app with cloud storage.

I would appreciate any advise on any other reliable brands that I can consider?
    Last edited by golfgt; 2021/10/20 at 02:07 PM.

Default Re: Recommendation: Home Security - Wireless Camera's with Integrated Beams

Quote Originally Posted by golfgt View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking for a recommendations and option on a wireless home security system. I have seen Hikvision, Eufy. Hikvision looks great, but most of their systems are wired to a DVR.

I would like something that is modular and wireless where I can add beams, sensor and cameras, also something that integrated into app with cloud storage.

I would appreciate any advise on any other reliable brands that I can consider?
    I'm using EZVIZ cameras, bought from Takealot. There are cheaper models, but I like the App interface and the variety of models. Loaded with features...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarleyD For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Recommendation: Home Security - Wireless Camera's with Integrated Beams

I'm using Reolink, 2 static and 2 that can pan and tilt (remotely)
    Defender 130
    Defender 90

5. The Following User Says Thank You to D-tox For This Useful Post:

The other that provides all that you are looking for is Axis. However they are more expensive, but do the job well...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanvw For This Useful Post:

Look at Ajax as well

Default Recommendation: Home Security - Wireless Camera's with Integrated Beams

Hikvision WiFi camera kit is good deal for R6999 from Makro (can get it cheaper online). Easy to install and Ezviz cellphone application works well.
    Also have cloud recording option available.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1708.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	633580
    Last edited by hofnis; 2021/10/20 at 07:20 PM.

Robert van den Berg

'98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Just keep in mind, a camera that relies on traditional motion detection is usually a useless camera for prevention, try and get something with intrusion detection, line crossing etc. With Hikvision it is called Acusense, but I am sure there are others with similar features.

With the Hikvision Acusense you can define zones, you can link it to external alarms etc.

Dahua is also available, but I do not know that product.
    (Edit, I see you are in Kempton, get hold of Engel on the forum, he can help you with Dahua cameras, and will be able to show the features too.)
    Last edited by Dirk; 2021/10/20 at 07:37 PM.

Gone thru this 2 months ago after the insurance forced my hand. Just keep in mind that there are no real “wireless” cameras as they all still need power. I eventually went with the Hikvision colourview system as it was also recommended by Spotbot. The camera system is an NVR, with POE, so instead of a power cable it works with a single LAN cable, so the same amount of wires and work, but a much more stable and better quality connection than trying to get all cameras working on wifi.

Also had an alarm system installed that is app based and can be managed from the app. Left out all beams as I still have not found anyone that has anything positive to say about them, and therefore the integration of the Spotbot into the system.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

So this Spotbot essentially takes a normal camera and makes it intelligent if I understand correctly? Very clever concept. (Cost dependent of course).

Edit, OK scrap that

https://www.takealot.com/spotbot-int...k/PLID70776862

For that price you can afford to buy AI cameras from the word go.
    Last edited by Dirk; 2021/10/20 at 07:56 PM.

Yes the cost of the Spotbot is very steep, also had a chat with them about it, but ja, it is what it is.

However, after looking around and speaking to a bunch of people, the short of it was that the AI cameras was pretty sensitive and a hell of a process to set up. It can take weeks to get them to the settings for your particular set up.

The Spotbot is pretty much plug and play, and can work of most cameras. I however do not like the interface with the unit thru telegram, just feel like they asking so much for this unit, surely some money could have been spent on there own stand alone app.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

Hikvision EZVIZ Wireless 1080P Husky Air Outdoor Bullet

https://www.takealot.com/hikvision-e...41/description

Ticks most of your boxes:
    "modular and wireless where I can add beams, sensor and cameras, also something that integrated into app with cloud storage.

I've got 2 installed around the house. You can mark areas to be included/excluded from sensor. The one at the front of the house is marked to only notify when there is movement around our vehicles and not when people pass up and down the driveway. App is user friendly and allows for cloud storage.

I had a similar requirement than you but did not want to fork out too much for a big system without knowing how it will work. Decided on the EZVIZ husky as it is relatively cheap and if I did not like it my investment was minimal. Worked great for me and I ended up padding another one in the backyard.

Likes: Wifi range (bought LAN cables for both, but both successfully links to wifi), App, affordable, image quality (mine is not even on the highest setting), not the ugliest camera out there, plug and go - easy set up and installation, takes Micro SD Card, audible beep when sensor is triggered (had some contractors in the complex that quickly notice that they're movements around my vehicles were noted and recorded), small camera and standalone (did not have to invest in a multiple camera system), you can trigger an alarm at the camera from the app as well as speak through the camera speakers from the app. (helpful with courier deliveries when not home)

Dislikes: Triggered by lighting flashes, so if you have the sensor on audible (camera beeps) you will hear a beep at each lighting flash. Does not like being offline (loadshedding or when wifi is off - sends out message to App complaining about this), power source is on a two point plug so providing power may require some work (plug also needs to be away from the elements)

Name:  IMG_8530.PNG
Views: 236
Size:  1.76 MB

Name:  IMG_8531.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  206.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8532.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  276.5 KB
    Last edited by Redman; 2021/10/20 at 08:12 PM.
    Pieter le Roux

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:

CCTV Direct has daily specials.

Just saying..............
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    CCTV Direct has daily specials.

Just saying..............
    With brilliant prices, we bought two cameras there two weeks ago, and ordered another yesterday.

Hikvision Acusense Bullet, 4mp with 2.8mmlens for R1700, you can't beat that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Just keep in mind, a camera that relies on traditional motion detection is usually a useless camera for prevention, try and get something with intrusion detection, line crossing etc. With Hikvision it is called Acusense, but I am sure there are others with similar features.

With the Hikvision Acusense you can define zones, you can link it to external alarms etc.

Dahua is also available, but I do not know that product.
    (Edit, I see you are in Kempton, get hold of Engel on the forum, he can help you with Dahua cameras, and will be able to show the features too.)
    So we had a home invasion about a month ago, I luckily saw the guys on the cameras, but if we had HIK Acusense with line crossing I would have know minutes before, not a split second.

We have since upgraded and that line crossing and motion detection on HIK is amazing. I get an email photo of who is in our driveway, and it beeps in the kitchen, you can also set up time parameters so your staff arent making it beep all day, and only at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Hikvision EZVIZ Wireless 1080P Husky Air Outdoor Bullet

https://www.takealot.com/hikvision-e...41/description

Ticks most of your boxes:
    "modular and wireless where I can add beams, sensor and cameras, also something that integrated into app with cloud storage.

I've got 2 installed around the house. You can mark areas to be included/excluded from sensor. The one at the front of the house is marked to only notify when there is movement around our vehicles and not when people pass up and down the driveway. App is user friendly and allows for cloud storage.

I had a similar requirement than you but did not want to fork out too much for a big system without knowing how it will work. Decided on the EZVIZ husky as it is relatively cheap and if I did not like it my investment was minimal. Worked great for me and I ended up padding another one in the backyard.

Likes: Wifi range (bought LAN cables for both, but both successfully links to wifi), App, affordable, image quality (mine is not even on the highest setting), not the ugliest camera out there, plug and go - easy set up and installation, takes Micro SD Card, audible beep when sensor is triggered (had some contractors in the complex that quickly notice that they're movements around my vehicles were noted and recorded), small camera and standalone (did not have to invest in a multiple camera system), you can trigger an alarm at the camera from the app as well as speak through the camera speakers from the app. (helpful with courier deliveries when not home)

Dislikes: Triggered by lighting flashes, so if you have the sensor on audible (camera beeps) you will hear a beep at each lighting flash. Does not like being offline (loadshedding or when wifi is off - sends out message to App complaining about this), power source is on a two point plug so providing power may require some work (plug also needs to be away from the elements)

Name:  IMG_8530.PNG
Views: 236
Size:  1.76 MB

Name:  IMG_8531.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  206.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8532.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  276.5 KB
    Thats looks great, I will have a look

With brilliant prices, we bought two cameras there two weeks ago, and ordered another yesterday.

Hikvision Acusense Bullet, 4mp with 2.8mmlens for R1700, you can't beat that.
    Thanks Dirk, I am going to look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    We have since upgraded and that line crossing and motion detection on HIK is amazing. I get an email photo of who is in our driveway, and it beeps in the kitchen, you can also set up time parameters so your staff arent making it beep all day, and only at night.
    At the office we installed a second alarm radio linked only to the NVR alarm output, the camera monitoring activates after hours and all alerts goes directly to our security company which is fantastic for us, you cannot get without about 6m of our building now without eyes being on you.

Quote Originally Posted by golfgt View Post
    Thats looks great, I will have a look
    R1395.00 @ CCTV Direct now

At the office we installed a second alarm radio linked only to the NVR alarm output, the camera monitoring activates after hours and all alerts goes directly to our security company which is fantastic for us, you cannot get without about 6m of our building now without eyes being on you.
    Thats awesome.

We have also linked ours to our security company, they get a live view a minute before an alarm activation, during the activation, and then a minute after the alarm has been turned off.