Default VW T6 - upgrade options

Good afternoon,

Bought a 2020 T6 lwb transporter for the family, and need some advice on upgrades. Based in Stellenbosch so local installers would help, VW here is not very helpful at all

Limited budget so don't think I will go as far as some of the amazing kombi's on here, but I want to do the following in the interim

- Armrests, can it be added later or better to replace the whole seat?
    - waiting for a quote to insulate all the panels to lower road noise
    - Speakers at the back, currently only two in the front, the sound guy mentioned I need to replace the whole radio if I want to add speakers, I'm a bit of a noob with sound, how risky will it be to connect 2x extra to the existing radio?
    - Mud flaps?
    - Auto door locking, the wife complains that she has to manually lock the doors, can it be programmed to lock the doors automatically once in motion? VW said its not a option

Thank you in advance

Default Re: VW T6 - upgrade options

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmade View Post
    Good afternoon,

Bought a 2020 T6 lwb transporter for the family, and need some advice on upgrades. Based in Stellenbosch so local installers would help, VW here is not very helpful at all

Limited budget so don't think I will go as far as some of the amazing kombi's on here, but I want to do the following in the interim

- Armrests, can it be added later or better to replace the whole seat?
    - waiting for a quote to insulate all the panels to lower road noise
    - Speakers at the back, currently only two in the front, the sound guy mentioned I need to replace the whole radio if I want to add speakers, I'm a bit of a noob with sound, how risky will it be to connect 2x extra to the existing radio?
    - Mud flaps?
    - Auto door locking, the wife complains that she has to manually lock the doors, can it be programmed to lock the doors automatically once in motion? VW said its not a option

Thank you in advance
    Which T6? My dads has armrests fitted from factory? Your best bet would be to change the whole seat. As far as I know you cannot add an armrest on.
    Speakers: You can add speakers, or as I did with my dads. I added an RCA converter to existing wires. Added amp and then speakers off of the amp, after adding sound insulation.
    Mud flaps: Can't help you there, however, check out @Jason Willemse's build on the forum. I remember he fitted some
    Auto door locking. VW don't know what they are speaking about. it takes a couple of minutes with VCDS. If you were close to me I would help, or check in the Volkswagen section for a member on the VCDS list close to you and a 6 pack of beer will get it done I am sure.
    Last edited by AfricainHD; 2021/10/18 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added info
    Mike

Out in the bush!

2012 Amarok with a transfer case
    1956 Series 1 (now in boxes, Covid delayed the rebuild)
    1999 Land Cruiser 105 EFI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AfricainHD For This Useful Post:

Default Re: VW T6 - upgrade options

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmade View Post
    Good afternoon,

- Armrests, can it be added later or better to replace the whole seat? If you are close to a city and have time,try a scrapyard, the armrests can be ordered from ebay, but cost a fortune
    - waiting for a quote to insulate all the panels to lower road noise Get someone to carpet the panels, the correct thing to do is to take them out and use proper insulation between them and the body
    - Speakers at the back, currently only two in the front, the sound guy mentioned I need to replace the whole radio if I want to add speakers, I'm a bit of a noob with sound, how risky will it be to connect 2x extra to the existing radio? If I'm not mistaken all VW radios are made to use 4 speakers, front and rear, get a sound guy to install 2x speeakers in the sides at the back
    - Mud flaps? Acouple of years ago the dealers charged about R860 for a set of 4
    - Auto door locking, the wife complains that she has to manually lock the doors, can it be programmed to lock the doors automatically once in motion? VW said its not a option Bull#####, can be programmed via VagCom Cable or even Carista, when speed exceeds 15km/h they all lock, option to open only drivers door and second push passengers doors also

Thank you in advance

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PdZBczm1U6WveTY97
    2011 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 BiTdi 132kw 4Motion DSG
    2018 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 BiTdi 132kw 4Motion DSG

5. The Following User Says Thank You to johannvisser For This Useful Post: