Default Water Pressure - Brackenhurst

At the end of last summer I installed microjet irrigation to two largish garden beds. I installed flow valves on most heads in order to limit the spray to the beds to ensure the most efficient water utilisation.

Over the past few months I reckon that our pressure had halved based on the microjet spray distribution pattern, they spray half as far. Have bought all the jets for the remainder of the garden but would be futile to install these now based on the water pressure.

Anyone know what's going on?

Default Re: Water Pressure - Brackenhurst

We have variable pressure but they have, allegedly, been upgrading the pipe systems.

The frequent power failures have also led to issues with the pump stations.

So it could be 1 or both of these.

Have you checked if there is an increase in calcium in your water?
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Hummer H3 V8

#itsnotaboutME

Can't recall the exact names of all the pump stations & numbers of broken pumps but it seems that the main Rand Water pump station has most of their pumps FUBAR. If I recall from their update they are down to 2 pumps servicing the whole of GP.

They pump for a bit to each local reservoir but obviously can't pump enough to meet the normal demand.

The Benoni reservoir has been sitting at between 15% - 25% for a few months now and living around the corner from it we have at least weekly water cuts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Pint For This Useful Post:

Based on the number of municipalities in default it seems that those of us who have any kind of running water should be extremely grateful
    2009 Suzuki GV 3.2
    ex : 2010 Suzuki GV 2.4 M/T
    ex : 2007 Audi A4 2.0T - RS4 rear suspension

Have not checked the water for Calcium.

I heard a story from a mate (may be anecdotal) of his daughter doing her masters on one of the water science disciplines, she was based at Zwartkopjes Pumping Station.

Her thesis dealt with the efficient delivery of water to the area. After a brief inspection she noted that pumps were detuned dramatically to provided reduced pressure. She asked why this was and was told that if the pumps were to run at full capacity that pipes would burst due to the failing infrastructure and the only way to preserve flow was to have it at reduced pressure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ColeGP View Post
    Based on the number of municipalities in default it seems that those of us who have any kind of running water should be extremely grateful
    I would rather that my point of reference is of having water supply than not.