Default Cartrack drained car battery on Range Rover 2012 Sport 3.0D HSE

Good Day
    Please can i get some help. Cartrack unit drained my battery. After hundreds of calls they eventually came to remove the unit after a month. My car is not starting now. Should i buy a new battery or try to boost the battery?

Thanks

Default Re: Cartrack drained car battery on Range Rover 2012 Sport 3.0D HSE

If you have not replaced it yet then the battery is 9 years old and might be in need of replacing.

But first, charge it overnight with a descent 220/12v charger and see how it goes.

Or take it to a battery dealer and have it charged and checked overnight.
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8
    Conqueror Courage 2016

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DC Polokwane For This Useful Post:

Car batteries normally have a life expectancy of 3 years so it might me passed that.
    Also your Cartrack unit needs to be replaced after 36 months due to the units battery backup.
    Willie Knoetze

2019 Nissan NP300 2.5tdi d/c 4x4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FWM For This Useful Post:

Did they install you a different unit and do you know whether this unit is new?

Cartrack recover old units out of vehicles, I'm not sure if they refurbish them with new batteries before reinstalling them in a different vehicle or whether they just install it as is.

Other tracking companies doesn't seam to worry about their old units, I know for example with Tracker if you change vehicles they just install a unit in to your new vehicle and transfer the account, they don't even ask about the old unit.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2021/10/14 at 07:04 PM.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read" - Not Mark Twain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    Car batteries normally have a life expectancy of 3 years so it might me passed that.
    Also your Cartrack unit needs to be replaced after 36 months due to the units battery backup.

I never knew this, I assume they charge you money for this replacement after 36 months?

Recently my dad bought a new vehicle, Cartrack wanted to charge him R800 to install a unit in to the new vehicle. He told them that he won't pay it since if he was a new customer signing up for the first time the installation would have been free, they agreed and waved the R800 charge.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read" - Not Mark Twain

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DC Polokwane View Post
    If you have not replaced it yet then the battery is 9 years old and might be in need of replacing.

But first, charge it overnight with a descent 220/12v charger and see how it goes.

Or take it to a battery dealer and have it charged and checked overnight.
    I have replaced the battery. It is less than 2 years old.
    I will take it to a battery dealer and let them check it out.

Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    I never knew this, I assume they charge you money for this replacement after 36 months?

Recently my dad bought a new vehicle, Cartrack wanted to charge him R800 to install a unit in to the new vehicle. He told them that he won't pay it since if he was a new customer signing up for the first time the installation would have been free, they agreed and waved the R800 charge.
    Well Cartrack is the worst company i have ever dealt with. Terrible customer service. They did not charge for the replacement unit and they took a MONTH to come and replace it all the while my car was standing because of the dead battery caused by their unit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    Did they install you a different unit and do you know whether this unit is new?

Cartrack recover old units out of vehicles, I'm not sure if they refurbish them with new batteries before reinstalling them in a different vehicle or whether they just install it as is.

Other tracking companies doesn't seam to worry about their old units, I know for example with Tracker if you change vehicles they just install a unit in to your new vehicle and transfer the account, they don't even ask about the old unit.
    They just took the unit out and have been calling now to come and install a new unit in.