Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which trail camera to get?

Anyone have a camera they can recommend with built in wifi? In some reviews I read I see they say the wifi is a nice feature to have since you don't have to touch the camera to download your content. One with cellular won't work for me since signal is very spotty in the area and I anyway don't need the photos sent to me right away, but the wifi will be nice.

Bushnell doesn't seam to have a model with wifi, only cellular models.
    Just driving up to it and downloading the photos rather than having to fiddle with the SD card and moving the camera each time will be great.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2022/11/14 at 05:56 PM.
    Before you judge a person, first walk a mile in their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    Anyone have a camera they can recommend with built in wifi? In some reviews I read I see they say the wifi is a nice feature to have since you don't have to touch the camera to download your content. One with cellular won't work for me since signal is very spotty in the area and I anyway don't need the photos sent to me right away, but the wifi will be nice.

Bushnell doesn't seam to have a model with wifi, only cellular models.
    Just driving up to it and downloading the photos rather than having to fiddle with the SD card and moving the camera each time will be great.
    Safari Expert on YouTube bought a nice 1 from Amazon i think....let me look

Edit: Here is the video, link in the description. Not sure if it's what you looking for though
    Last edited by PJ SA; 2022/11/14 at 06:07 PM.

2020 Isuzu D-Max 250 X-Rider D/C 4x4
    Ex: 2017 Jimny & F800gs Adventure

A man who lacks purpose distracts himself with pleasure.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PJ SA For This Useful Post:

Thought I'd give a update, since I finally ordered a camera.

I looked hard in to the wifi, since I still think that's quite a neat feature, but the fact that none of the top trail camera brands have wifi cameras is quite telling of the feeture,or that's how my mind works anyway.

In the end I settled on a UOVision Glory LTE, https://cameratraps.co.za/product/uo...n-viewer-camo/

It's quite a expensive camera and also probably total overkill for my casual needs, but I got it at a really good price so it cost me much what a Bushnell of similar spec costs.

They use them here in Dinokeng, between the APU, wildlife monitors and ongoing surveys, more than 50 are deployed in the bush and so far there has only been one failure, a elephant pushed over the tree it was strapped to, the camera didn't survive.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2023/12/18 at 03:17 PM.
    Before you judge a person, first walk a mile in their shoes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the feedback bigboy529, please report back on the quality of photos & videos once you have used it a bit.

I am also still in the market for one, but normally remembers about it in the week before going to the bush!
    2009 VW Touareg 3l V6 TDi
    2006 Isuzu DMax 300Tdi DC 4x4 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ SA View Post
    Safari Expert on YouTube bought a nice 1 from Amazon i think....let me look

Edit: Here is the video, link in the description. Not sure if it's what you looking for though
    When using his link itíll show out of stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2