Default Anybody in Port Elizabeth?

Anybody that drives past Webuycars in PE? I would like some more photos of a 2001 Freelander 1 standing there and the phone nr for a salesmen. It is impossible to ring the branch, and the general phone nr goes through to central help desk. So you can't ask any specific questions.
    I'm in West Coast so can't just pop in to have a look. Bloody useless...
    1988 Range Rover Classic "Ember"
    2006 Jeep KJ Cherokee CRD
    1970 MG Midget

Default Re: Anybody in Port Elizabeth?

Quote Originally Posted by rangeroverclassic View Post
    Anybody that drives past Webuycars in PE? I would like some more photos of a 2001 Freelander 1 standing there and the phone nr for a salesmen. It is impossible to ring the branch, and the general phone nr goes through to central help desk. So you can't ask any specific questions.
    I'm in West Coast so can't just pop in to have a look. Bloody useless...
    I'd suggest you read up on the Freelander 1 1st... They're known for reliability and electrical problems..... Rather if you have to go the Freelander route go for the Freelander 2....

I can go and have a look at the vehicle at around 15h00 tomorrow. Pm me your details, I will share pictures etc via Whatsapp.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by John.oosthuizen95 View Post
    I'd suggest you read up on the Freelander 1 1st... They're known for reliability and electrical problems..... Rather if you have to go the Freelander route go for the Freelander 2....
    Thanks, well aware yes. Have owned a Fl2 for 5 years and 160k trouble free km. But when they get older repairs can become expensive. One word, Haldex.

FL1 in TD4 and Getrac not too bad, but if things go wrong plenty of spares available. Main thing to monitor the Viscous unit on rear propshaft.
    1970 MG Midget

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    I can go and have a look at the vehicle at around 15h00 tomorrow. Pm me your details, I will share pictures etc via Whatsapp.
    Thanks, will do now!
    1970 MG Midget

Quote Originally Posted by John.oosthuizen95 View Post
    With a RR classic, a diesel KJ and an MG in the garage I am sure he knows what he is letting himself in for

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    With a RR classic, a diesel KJ and an MG in the garage I am sure he knows what he is letting himself in for
    Good luck on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    🤣😂 Actually the MG now done 10000 trouble free km. The RR done 45000km mostly through Sourthern Africa. "Mostly" trouble free 😁. But never had to go into a garage apart from shocks and tires.
    The bloody KJ can't do 1000km without breaking down. Had to be rescued 3 times in 15000km. Engine out twice. But will now be repaired and sold. The VM engine is rubbish.
    1970 MG Midget

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rangeroverclassic For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rangeroverclassic View Post
    🤣😂 Actually the MG now done 10000 trouble free km. The RR done 45000km mostly through Sourthern Africa. "Mostly" trouble free 😁. But never had to go into a garage apart from shocks and tires.
    The bloody KJ can't do 1000km without breaking down. Had to be rescued 3 times in 15000km. Engine out twice. But will now be repaired and sold. The VM engine is rubbish.
    My RR Classic could basically not do 20km without a breakdown, so I have that T-Shirt. The VM motors have a bad reputation, I think none was worse that the 3.1 in the WJ, luckily I dodged that bullet!

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold