Default Prado imobilizer issue

My prado came with a factory issue main key and an aftermarket spare. I used the spare as the main key for a while an unfortunaltey dropopped it. The board etc came out but i out it together and it worked. From then on the car intermittently turns over but wont start. Then suddenly starts. Well until now. Now jist wont start with spare. Main key woks perfectly, just the spare wont . I am on my way to richtersvelt on sat am and always take a spare. Is there a way to reset my spare remote or any ideas.
    Alternativly any recxomendations in ct where to get a new key without paying gdp of a small african country. First prize however is to reset my current spare.
    Last edited by adamgweba; 2021/09/26 at 07:25 PM.

Default Re: Prado imobilizer issue

This guy does the Toyota keys coded 0799833899 he's based in Kensington jhb charges about 1500

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derekfsmit For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Prado immobilizer issue

I have been having similar issue with my Hilux. Still not sure what causes the random not starting issue but this has me thinking.
    Keys are on backorder at Toyota. But maybe they have stock for the Prado. I do know some key cutting shops can make coded keys as well.
    Groot berge en lang grondpaaie