Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Default Re: Why do Springboks kick so much posession away?

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeling View Post
    So why can't world rugby get all the unions on the same page wrt the rules and shape up the quality of the refs.
    Do an analysis of all the things the referees need to watch during phase play. Just look at a defensive kick by a player when a high ball is fielded.

1. If he takes the high ball that team retains possession, even if the maul is held up.
    2. He can't be touched if his feet are in the air.
    3. Players need to be behind the last line of feet when the ball is cleared from the ruck or mail.
    4. Watch for any "tackle" above the shoulder
    5. Players can't leave their feet or support themselves on a player or with their hands
    6. Players need to be behind the kicker or they can't chase
    7. Players in front of the kicker need to retreat
    8. Watch for the ball being passed back into the 22
    9. Watch that the kicker stays in the 22
    10. Now, if in the 50, watch for it ending up in the 22.
    Etc
    Etc

It's a nightmare for the three men on the field, I'm amazed they get as much right as they do.
    Last edited by Gungets Tuft; 2021/10/06 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typo after typo ...
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeling View Post
    So why can't world rugby get all the unions on the same page wrt the rules and shape up the quality of the refs.
    No idea, in the URC now there's also an in goal drop out rule. Why is that we don't see the timed penalty kick but only saw it in local rugby?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hennie84 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    I thought the ref had quite a good game actually, but the ARs are useless and the TMO in this match was paying to much attention to his guide dog to add any value.

I suspect that a dedicated All Black supporter could provide an equal and opposite video showing the times the Boks infringed and didn't get penalised as well. Rugby has a complex set of laws, being made more complex all the time by the addition of things like the 50/22 law. I don't know why they're not trying to simplify rather. If you want to know why soccer is more popular than rugby (other than the obvious fact it gives Prima Donnas, wimps and actors an outlet), look to the simplicity of the laws. Even soccer players can understand their laws, rocket scientists struggle with rugby.
    Agree 100%. I for one would like such an assessment to be done

Quote Originally Posted by IcePick88 View Post
    In every game there will be questionable calls as ref's are also just human, but the Rassie-gate saga has highlighted gross incompetence by the match official that I feel almost borders on biased refereeing towards one team.
    Again, agree 100%. Most of those calls are extreme margin calls and to see some of them in the heat and pace of the game is just impossible. The Frans Steyn not rolling away penalty is an example. I agreed 100% that it was a penalty, until I saw this video.

The offsides and entry from the side of the rucks however is blatant. And the 50/22 by Willie, and then we are not allowed to challenge
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 105
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7