Default Still new to Amarok v6

I will probably have more questions as I get to know the Amarok.
    How often does the Adblue need topping up?
    Any method to determine what the remaining quantity is?
    Are rocksliders necessary or good idea?
    Which brand is recommended? Is it a DIY fitment?
    Stofpad or Wildog bashplate?
    Anybody have the PID for auto transmission oil temperature?
    In my Pajero I have stowing space for tools, lubricants, belts etc where the 3rd row seat was removed. Where to store this in the Amarok?
    Thanks
    2018 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2012 Mitsubishi Pajero Legend 3.2 Auto
    2022 Infanta Enkulu 2
    2018 Invader Duo - sold

Default Re: Still new to Amarok v6

[QUOTE=Afdak;4808301]I will probably have more questions as I get to know the Amarok.
    How often does the Adblue need topping up
    In my Pajero I have stowing space for tools, lubricants, belts etc where the 3rd row seat was removed. Where to store this in the Amarok?

SA spec dont use ad blue, mine is 5 years and never added

If u gone do trails and lots of gravel i would say yes, there is better options than stofpad, they are heavy and take a lot of clearance away, im gone get rod of my stofpad ones. Cant comment on wild dog. If u in CT go see marc at maniac 4x4 or the one from seikel.

The std bashplate is good enough if u not gone do heavy off road

I store my stuff behind the back seat
    Last edited by hein100; 2022/01/10 at 09:10 PM.

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    2017 VW Amarok V6
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hein100 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Afdak View Post
    I will probably have more questions as I get to know the Amarok.
    How often does the Adblue need topping up?
    Thanks
    VCDS should be able to give you gearbox temp logging if it is an available parameter. Are you well up to speed with CAN? Generally it is very, very difficult to get PIDs out of OEMs for anything that is not well defined by the standard.
    There is a lot of space behind the rear seatback. I am sure you will be able to store all you need there. Then there are the spaces under the front seats as well.
    No idea re ad blue. I was not aware that they local amaroks were being sold in Euro 5/6 trim. Most the local wagons were sold in Euro3 trim which did not require ad blue.
    Bash plates and rockslides would very much depend on your intended use case. I think the standard bash plate is pretty stout. Rock sliders are a good idea, but only if you are planning on hard-core off-roading?
    If so I would look at some 265/70R17 tyres before rock sliders, then possibly also a small suspension lift like Mikkems as this may be enough to keep things from scraping?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenplumb For This Useful Post:

I have a 2017 Amarok V6 auto and were disgusted to find that it is apparently programmed to have presumably only 50% torque available in reverse. I use it for overlanding to really remote areas like Kaokoland and Van Zylspass. It does very well except for the power problem in reverse. How can this be rectified? I trust that the more technical minded members can give me some advice on this. I also do not want to create more problems in trying to rectify this problem. Pieter J.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter J View Post
    I have a 2017 Amarok V6 auto and were disgusted to find that it is apparently programmed to have presumably only 50% torque available in reverse. I use it for overlanding to really remote areas like Kaokoland and Van Zylspass. It does very well except for the power problem in reverse. How can this be rectified? I trust that the more technical minded members can give me some advice on this. I also do not want to create more problems in trying to rectify this problem. Pieter J.
    Its actually 65% so that gives 360nm. I live in namibia and have done dry riverbeds towing BL, play in the namib dunes and never had an issue.

U can do a remap where they than override the reverse limiter. i havent done that as i havent needed it.

U have issues reversing or u reacting on stories u heard?

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    2017 VW Amarok V6
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616