Default Amarok alarm, movement sensor inside?

2 black guys broke into my car and a clients car today. They didn't get much, then left the scene in a silver Corolla. (JS 50 WN GP)

Both vehicles have smash and grab, on both vehicles they got the entire rear drivers side windows out, smashed but complete in one piece. Then proceeded to climb inside and look through the cars.

Question, why doesn't the alarm go off if it is armed and some prick is inside going through your stuff?
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion

Default Re: Amarok alarm, movement sensor inside?

Not sure but in my Rokkie it goes off even with a fly inside. On the driver side there is an override switch which you can press to deactivate the sensors for when a person is inside and you lock the vehicle. It resets once you unlock the vehicle and sensors will be active again next time you lock the vehicle.

Thanks Erwin. Need to look into this further.

To the OP.

Are you sure the siren part works? Thr speKer can fail and seeing g that most Roks don't sound on lock/unlock one could have a faulty siren and not know.

My mk5 gti had its speaker fail, but I only knew because it sounds on lock/unlock.

2001 Toyota Hilux 3.0L KZ-TE 4x4 Raider d/c >
    with some extra bits...

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Schimper View Post
    Not sure but in my Rokkie it goes off even with a fly inside. On the driver side there is an override switch which you can press to deactivate the sensors for when a person is inside and you lock the vehicle. It resets once you unlock the vehicle and sensors will be active again next time you lock the vehicle.
    Jup. Same on my previous Amarok and current Touareg. Extremely sensitive
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 105
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    To the OP.

Are you sure the siren part works? Thr speKer can fail and seeing g that most Roks don't sound on lock/unlock one could have a faulty siren and not know.

My mk5 gti had its speaker fail, but I only knew because it sounds on lock/unlock.

Now that I think of it I have actually never heard my alarm, it's never needed to go off though. The other car, A class Mercedes also did not make a sound. Strange, will have to take it in to get it tested.

Lock your car with the window open, put your hand through the window, is the alarm sounds, it works, if it doesn't it never had ....

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Schimper View Post
    All solid advice above, but as Erwin and Nys have said I find mine very sensitive. Spent a few hours a few weeks back trying to find what was setting alarm off at night. Eventually have up and turned the inner sensor off on the b pillar near drivers seat. Found a moth the size of a 20c coin the following morning.
    Mike

Out in the bush!

2012 Amarok with a transfer case
    1956 Series 1 (now in boxes, Covid delayed the rebuild)
    1999 Land Cruiser 105 EFI

The amarok also has an incline sensor. If the alarm is on and your lift the one side to remove a wheel the alarm will sound. Same with a trailer plug. If you remove the plug or cut the wire alarm goes off

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Erwin Schimper For This Useful Post: