Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Spot Light Advice

My Safari that I had I had a,set of Hella 7000 on and they made daylight at night. On Land cruiser I had same. Now my Prado doesnt see so good at night, will fit a nudge bar on it to put a set of spots on. I have a set of Hellas but one lens is broken and can't seem to get a replacement for it. My wish would be a set of IPF but they out my reach.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wylie E For This Useful Post:

Have anyone seen trucks with led spot lights mounted to the top of their roofs? It looks like it could be more or less 5 inches wide by 2 inches high. They are extremely bright. Where do they buy these? I dont see the police or traffic hassling these drivers about those lights even if they drive past traffic cops with those lights on. From what i understand, spot lights cant be mounted higher than 1.4m. I dont know if this applies to code 10 and 14 vehicles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylie E View Post
    My Safari that I had I had a,set of Hella 7000 on and they made daylight at night. On Land cruiser I had same. Now my Prado doesnt see so good at night, will fit a nudge bar on it to put a set of spots on. I have a set of Hellas but one lens is broken and can't seem to get a replacement for it. My wish would be a set of IPF but they out my reach.
    What size hellas are they Wylie.
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.
    Sp Tourer

I also went with the Hella supernova. 6 inch. I'm actually very impressed with it. Mine is connected to the brights switch as well as a separate switch. This gives a person more control over the spots.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivtec For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Robbief View Post
    What size hellas are they Wylie.
    The Hella comet 700ff are 218mm diameter and make daylight. Used them in Namibia when traveling in the darkest of night and it was daylight. When travelling on roads the oncoming traffic used to flash me as far as up 5km away. I had them wired with 4mm wire between battery relay and lights in shortest distance possible. Miss it on the Prado.

Default Spot Light Advice

I found the important h to thing on spot lights is how the light spreads on the road. Brightness is secondary.

What does it help if you have one bright spot somewhere in front of you that causes you to see only one part of the road, and not seeinvv go what is next to the road.

Also some spot lights shine also into the air and light up the dust in front of you.

Normally the bigger ones have a better light pattern.

I use bosh light star.

Normal 55 watt bulbs give more than enough light. If I stand 10 meters in front of them they donít shine in my face.

At diesel electric they are cheaper,

Sure there are many other good makes i just did not see them in action.
    Last edited by Creative25; 2021/09/20 at 07:25 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Creative25 For This Useful Post:

The pic with Sam's LR, I have the smaller set of the spotlights and then a 800mm or maybe 1000mm lightbar on the roof. Both Chinese Im extremely happy with both of them. I use them for patrols on the farm and it works wonderfully.
    Dont even waste your money on fancy Hella or similar.
    the only thing I would change is to maybe upgrade my spots to the same size as Sam and get rid of the lightbar. The spots on it own are really worth it. And if it breaks, it wont break the bank, not like the R10k a 4x4 shop quote me for a lightbar!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2