Default 2016 facelift 2.2 Ranger XL Battery replacement

Hi Guys, it seems like my battery has finally given in and needs replacing.
    I've never replaced a battery on such a hectic electronic system before, so are there anything I need to keep in mind when doing this?
    I think what I am most concerned about is the settings etc. afterwards.
    Has anyone replaced their battery recently that could spare some advice, also how much did it cost etc? Where is the best place to find a replacement battery?

Default Re: 2016 facelift 2.2 Ranger XL Battery replacement

I have used Battery Centre a couple of times before and will keep on supporting them. The technician connected a small 12V battery to the battery terminals whilst changing the vehicles battery. By doing that, there's not interruption to cause your settings to go out.
    Sorry I don't remember the price of a new battery.
    Current - 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0CRDi 4x4 d/c
    Previous - 2005 Ranger 2.5 tdi 4x2 d/c (277 422km)

I used Battery Centre last week and they did as Spiceman said, nothing needed afterwards.

R2300 for a 669 for my DTeq.
    n' profeet word nie in sy eie land geken nie!

My Ranger 2.2 2016 battery was giving issues so I tested and replaced it to weeks ago. Mias Willard Battery R1700 take one out another in and viola. You will need to reset you clock and date, the fuel gauge defaults to 1000kms on a tank and it takes a day or two before the auto opening on the window works again for some bizarre reason, but it all works. The above btw happened a couple of times as my old battery begin to ‘give in’ intermittently. I could avoid immediate attention with the use of a battery jump start magafta

Thanx for the replies guys, just incase someone else needs the info at a later time .... My bakkie didn't swing as strongly as before for a while now, I also got a few error's saying the hill start is not active - this is apparently first signs of the battery busy dying. I could get the bakkie started if I drove in town, stop and go, but over night there was not enough power to get it to start in the morning. I tried to open the caps on the battery to see if it needs water but the caps can only be turned one way, so there was nothing I can do. Anyway to make a long story short, I went to SupaQuick and got a new 651 willard for R1480, the 659 that they recommend do not fit my model, but the 651 was already a big improvement on the OEM battery because the 651 Willard is 60ah where the OEM was only 48ah .... it was a quick change, I only had to set the radio time and date and that was it. My auto window also didn't work, but all you do to fix that is: with your ignition on and your window closed, push and hold the button down and keep it there for about 10 seconds after the window is at it's lowest point and then do the same but upwards / closed, you can hear a very faint click when you have done this, then your auto window is perfect again. Hopefully this info will be useful to others that may come across the same.

Just as an FYI, these sealed batteries is just a money making thing, if you manage to get the caps off you will most likely see that it needs water, fill it up and your battery will be good for a few more years. If you can't get the caps off then unfortunately you just have to replace.

I managed to open the one way caps using a circlip pliers... Fluid level was below the tops of the plates, lots of water needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ned&zed View Post
    I managed to open the one way caps using a circlip pliers... Fluid level was below the tops of the plates, lots of water needed.
    A friend of mine had sealed deep cycle battery that became weak. He guesstimated the cells and drilled small holes in the top of the battery through which he filled the fluid levels. Then he plugged the holes with bike battery plugs. The battery lasted a number of years extra.
    Current - 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0CRDi 4x4 d/c
    Previous - 2005 Ranger 2.5 tdi 4x2 d/c (277 422km)