Default Recovery points for Hilux

Hi Guys, can anyone please assist. I would like to fit recovery points to my Hilux. Any recommendations regarding fitment centres, approximate cost and brands out there. The ideal would have to be situated in the Western Cape.

Thank you

Default Re: Recovery points for Hilux

I see nobody has helped you yet.

Neither can I,my last Toyota was a Conquest 25 years ago, but you might get more information/help if you posted in the Toyota section.
    '07 Land Rover Defender 110 TDI 300 Kalahari (Meisiekind˛)
    '84 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 4-speed Hardtop (Meisiekind) Sold after 12 years of fun and hard work.
    The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jfh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Weskusman View Post
    Hi Guys, can anyone please assist. I would like to fit recovery points to my Hilux. Any recommendations regarding fitment centres, approximate cost and brands out there. The ideal would have to be situated in the Western Cape.

Thank you
    Didn't it come with recovery points? If they're missing at the back it's often because an aftermarket tow bar has been fitted and the silly buggers take them off. They did with my Tuna, only noticed months later, went back to Towrite and they had a whole box full lying there, just put them back on again
    Nemo me impune lacessit

You can buy the recovery hooks from 4x4direct. Fitment is easy DIY or you can visit Johann Tyre at 1st Alignment in Stikland who will happily help you out.

Is this for the D4D or GD6.

The GD6 does not come with rear recovery points and there is no place to mount unless you specially manufacture them and drill to mount on the chassis
    I tried a number of suppliers of after market to help. its like nobody could bother sourcing it.

I eventually bought the Iron man Tow bar recovery hitch as in the picture.Name:  recoveryhitchwithbowshackle4-75t-130327.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  48.6 KB
    RechardT

Now- Toyo GD6 2.8- Creed

One day is One day- Dodge Ram 6.7l TD.

You can go anywhere you want in life as long as its in a 4x4.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rechardt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Rechardt , I am a bit sceptical about those hitch recovery points though. Is the sliding bolt through at the back rated or is it the same one you use for your tow ball slide in?

Quote Originally Posted by niclemaitre View Post
    You can buy the recovery hooks from 4x4direct. Fitment is easy DIY or you can visit Johann Tyre at 1st Alignment in Stikland who will happily help you out.
    Thank you Niclemaitre best advice to get in touch with Johann. Super efficient and gave great service. Contacted me personally by phone. I will definitely visit the shop at 1st Alignment Centre in Stikland.

Quote Originally Posted by Weskusman View Post
    Thanks Rechardt , I am a bit sceptical about those hitch recovery points though. Is the sliding bolt through at the back rated or is it the same one you use for your tow ball slide in?
    Rated to do what?
    If that bolt is an M12 grade 10.9, it will take 14.5 tons to shear it. More likely the hitch tube will fail.

However, these bolts are normally M16 or M20. An M16 grade 8.8 bolt will handle 18 tons, and will also transfer the load into the hitch tube more effectively.

Either should be quite safe for a Hilux, assuming the tow hitch is suitably mounted to the vehicle.
    Last edited by Peter Connan; 2021/09/28 at 06:46 AM.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Connan For This Useful Post: