Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Default Re: Camp fridge,105ah battery and solar?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudus View Post
    Thank you for this! So Iíll be fine with 2x100W panels then.
    Yes, you will be fine!
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8
    Conqueror Courage 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Kudus View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed experience down. I think Iím getting a good picture now from everybodyís experiences.
    Iíll go through it all again and quantify it.

So if a 105ah battery only discharges 50% but a 50ah lithium battery almost 100%, would the 50ah lithium battery not be a better option?

I camp remote, no electricity and so far Iíve been using a mixture of alternator and 100w solar with a normal high cycle battery (donít laugh). It has been working great but Iím always aware and conservative. So I would like to get a battery in a box being able to go with any car and not just with the one with the duel battery system in. Hence my need for info to go completely solar with a deep cycle battery.

Appreciate all the expert advice here. Thank you
    Simple, get a 100Ah diy kit 60A BMS from Lithium Batteries SA put it into a neat metalbox, slap a WRND DcDc charger on and Bob's your uncle. Portable, runs your fridge for at least 30hrs, charges quickly (160w foldable solar panel) and is light. It works well.
    2002 Discovery td5

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nambro For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nambro View Post
    Simple, get a 100Ah diy kit 60A BMS from Lithium Batteries SA put it into a neat metalbox, slap a WRND DcDc charger on and Bob's your uncle. Portable, runs your fridge for at least 30hrs, charges quickly (160w foldable solar panel) and is light. It works well.
    Awesome. These guys look affordable when it comes to lithium batteries. Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6