Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,554
    Thanked: 323

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    it would be interesting to understand what those values mean

    on the various D3 forums they seem to post values around the 1000 mark

    i don't think that is bars of pressure

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,774
    Thanked: 1156

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by RossJ View Post
    it would be interesting to understand what those values mean

    on the various D3 forums they seem to post values around the 1000 mark

    i don't think that is bars of pressure
    That’s the one thing no one can tell me. I don’t know much about common rail injectors, but I think it makes more sense to test the injector performance across the rev range, not only at idle.

    Not sure, but I also don’t think it’s bars of pressure. Maybe someone with knowledge of this stuff can help us here.
    Last edited by Bosvark Kzn; 2021/10/09 at 04:11 PM.
    2017 Amarok Extreme V6
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    2012 LR Puma 2.2
    2012 LR Puma 2.2 D/c
    2011 LR Puma 2.4
    1976 LR Series 3
    1971 LR Series 2A

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brakpan
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,691
    Thanked: 523

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    A normal common rail is running upwards of 1000 bar. Only returning fuel at over 1500 bar.
    Four wheels move the body,
    Landys move the soul.
    0735236742
    Current: Discovery 2 td5.
    Next landy, D3 V8 HSE Previous one.D1 v8i D1 300 TDi donkey, D1 V8 Fuel THIEF!!! freelander 1, biggest pos known to man,

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam vd Merwe For This Useful Post:


  5. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,774
    Thanked: 1156

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    Fitted the new injectors last night. Genuine VDO, old injectors was Continental, which is the same as Siemens and VDO as per the research I did.

    Replaced the injector hold down bolts with new as itís strech bolts and torqued it 6nm and 180į.

    For those who may need it in future, the correct part number for the 2.2 is: 2910000177400

    The Landy sounds good and there a noticeable improvement in performance, so maybe the old injectors were shot. Iíll send it for testing (for what itís worth) Ďcos Iím keen to get to the bottom of the failure. Was it bad injectors or low quality pistons?

    Hopefully the Ford behaves now.😂
    2017 Amarok Extreme V6
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    2012 LR Puma 2.2
    2012 LR Puma 2.2 D/c
    2011 LR Puma 2.4
    1976 LR Series 3
    1971 LR Series 2A

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bosvark Kzn For This Useful Post:


  7. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,252
    Thanked: 410

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    Fitted the new injectors last night. Genuine VDO, old injectors was Continental, which is the same as Siemens and VDO as per the research I did.

    Replaced the injector hold down bolts with new as itís strech bolts and torqued it 6nm and 180į.

    For those who may need it in future, the correct part number for the 2.2 is: 2910000177400

    The Landy sounds good and there a noticeable improvement in performance, so maybe the old injectors were shot. Iíll send it for testing (for what itís worth) Ďcos Iím keen to get to the bottom of the failure. Was it bad injectors or low quality pistons?

    Hopefully the Ford behaves now.😂
    good news, thanks for the update!
    I'm sure you will now have many happy miles and smiles!
    Defender 130
    Defender 90

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to D-tox For This Useful Post:


  9. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,774
    Thanked: 1156

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    Right, so Iíve hit the 3000km mark after engine overhaul and about a 1000 km with the new injectors. So far running smooth and performance definitely better. I notice an improvement in speed uphills and generally it just feels more nippy, after replacing injectors.

    Itís on 180000km after today, so tomorrow Iíll replace all filters and the engine oil. Going forward, Iíll service at 10000km intervals and hopefully Iíll get good mileage out the Ford.
    2017 Amarok Extreme V6
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    2012 LR Puma 2.2
    2012 LR Puma 2.2 D/c
    2011 LR Puma 2.4
    1976 LR Series 3
    1971 LR Series 2A

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bosvark Kzn For This Useful Post:


  11. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,774
    Thanked: 1156

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    Right, so I’ve hit the 3000km mark after engine overhaul and about a 1000 km with the new injectors. So far running smooth and performance definitely better. I notice an improvement in speed uphills and generally it just feels more nippy, after replacing injectors.

    It’s on 180000km after today, so tomorrow I’ll replace all filters and the engine oil. Going forward, I’ll service at 10000km intervals and hopefully I’ll get good mileage out the Ford.
    7000 km today, on the overhauled engine. No problems to report at all, hope I’m not jinxing myself here, but who said these motors can’t be rebuilt successfully? Or is it too early to tell?

    2.4 I rebuilt early in the year also running 100%
    Last edited by Bosvark Kzn; 2021/11/03 at 06:34 PM.
    2017 Amarok Extreme V6
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    2012 LR Puma 2.2
    2012 LR Puma 2.2 D/c
    2011 LR Puma 2.4
    1976 LR Series 3
    1971 LR Series 2A

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bosvark Kzn For This Useful Post:


  13. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    7000 km today, on the overhauled engine. No problems to report at all, hope Iím not jinxing myself here, but who said these motors canít be rebuilt successfully? Or is it too early to tell?

    2.4 I rebuilt early in the year also running 100%
    Great news and you sure push the kilos
    2.25 S111 109 Pick up
    2.25 S111 109 Hard top
    3.5 110 County SW
    300 Tdi 90 Pick up
    2.2 Puma SW - current

  14. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,774
    Thanked: 1156

    Default Re: These Ford engines are crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Test Pilot View Post
    Great news and you sure push the kilos
    Doing waaaaay to much mileage, itís my daily at the moment, but will probably go V8 Cruiser in the new year and keep the Landy for a Sunday drive.
    2017 Amarok Extreme V6
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    2012 LR Puma 2.2
    2012 LR Puma 2.2 D/c
    2011 LR Puma 2.4
    1976 LR Series 3
    1971 LR Series 2A

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •