Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Amarok V6 questions

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    True, was a bit surprised at the pricing compared to some of the other options out there.

Look I know it is a great looking quality product, but I have other things to do at the moment that is more important than a R40k+ canopy.
    Look around I bought mine for 9000 second hand

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    Ek sal bietjie uitvind.

Hoe dit vir my lyk, as ek 'n nuwe Navara vat met alles wat die Amarok mee uitkom, gaan die prys ook om en by 700k uitdraai. En ek het nog altyd gesmag na die V6.

As ek daardie cargo bar kan afhaal sonder om te worry dat die bak sal kraak, sal dit eerste prys wees.
    Relax, daai bakke Hou. Myne staan op 280 000kms, 2013 model, ry baie slegte grondpad daagliks. Bak is nog fine. Daai bar is daar net gestoor. Ek het ook so een maar ry hom nie altyd saam nie.
    Die reŽn is 'n dag nader as gister.

Few Questions answered.
    I have a 2013 touareg with 240k km on the clock and a amarok v6 with 65000km on the clock.

1. Servicing is normally priced for a high end vehicle but do not do the brakes at vw as that is very expensive. I do it myself and source all the parts from goldwagen at a very good price.
    I have replaced the toaureg's brake pads and disc's twice in 240k km and then every 60 000 km pads. I have not repaced the amarok's brake pads yet.

2.As per above.

3. The engine and gearbox is very realiable. The amarok and touerag have known issues with the thermostate. On the touareg there was a small o ring that started leaking on the thermostate and on the amarok a small mouting brakes inside the thermostate housing but will only realise it when towing a trailer on a hot day. Is is difficult doing the work on these thermostates as they sit right down in the v and takes a while to get to the problem. there is another problem with hight km touaregs as mine above but that is for another discussion.

4. I have the seikel suspension fitted and it is hard for every day use. I will not fit it again.

5. I have the exstra tank also. refueling happens through the same inlet. Gauge on bakkie only start going down when exstra tank is empty. My range is about a 1000km.

6. I have not had any problems with reversing but does take a while getting use to it as it needs momentum in soft sand and the bakkie's rpm does going up a bit.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers

Hi Willem - Feedback on some of your questions

2) How long does the brake pads last? - About 50k

3) How reliable is the engine? - Mine is now at 55k and no problem

5) Anyone familiar with the 43lt aux Seikel tank? - Works like a charm with no air locks and fills up nicely

6) Most of my 4x4 travels happen on the beach. In reverse, what is the torque limited to and will it be able to negotiate soft sand well? - Done up to the Kunene river but the trick is if bogged down to do a fast pull-away in reverse.

Greetings
    Koos

Some good advice here thanks, My V6 is on 65000km now without missing a beat. Im going out of warranty soon and would like to add some offroad accessoires. I am leaning towards Old man emu suspension but only find comments on Seikel . Has anyone here fitted OME ? Would like to know what configuration would be optimal for towing and some load on the tub. Coming from the 3 leaf springs, donít want a harsh ride.
    VW Amarok 3.0
    Invader duo

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
    Some good advice here thanks, My V6 is on 65000km now without missing a beat. Im going out of warranty soon and would like to add some offroad accessoires. I am leaning towards Old man emu suspension but only find comments on Seikel . Has anyone here fitted OME ? Would like to know what configuration would be optimal for towing and some load on the tub. Coming from the 3 leaf springs, donít want a harsh ride.
    Any specific reason you want to go OME? The Seikel is very very good
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 105
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Guys,

This vehicle refers: https://www.namcars.net/Volkswagen-A...Mot-1400709993

Just a few questions:

1) What are the service costs in respect of the 75k km and 90k km service intervals?

2) How long does the brake pads last?

3) How reliable is the engine?

4) Seikel suspension any good?

5) Anyone familiar with the 43lt aux Seikel tank?

6) Most of my 4x4 travels happen on the beach. In reverse, what is the torque limited to and will it be able to negotiate soft sand well?

7) What the donner is this below?
    So did you buy the v6?
    Jean van Niekerk
    105 Cruiser
    Amarok AWD

How much does the 5 leaf spring pack at VW cost? That would be the heavy duty suspension. I had it in my single cab and the ride isn't bad at all.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser -sold-

A friend of mine broke a leaf and was given a quote for R10000 per blade pair( not the whole pack) from VW .I am considering OME because the OME heavy duty suspension will be less than a Seikel suspension with a extra leaf( I need extra weight carry ability) Also I donít like the idea of the spacers Seikel use in the rear because that should decrease wheel travel vs a larger spring pack in my mind.
    VW Amarok 3.0
    Invader duo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    So did you buy the v6?
    Unfortunately not Jean.

There were two reasons:

1) The remap. I am always hesitant to buy a remapped or chipped car, especially one as expensive as the Rok. I also could not get anything in writing that the remap would not affect the warranty.

2) Maybe a lesser issue, but that vehicle had two owners already in a space of 3 years.

I am still interested in a V6 Rok, so I'll wait and see what comes up in a few months.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"You too need a new signature" - Hedgehog

Why the hell would you want to chip a v6 Amarok!?

But I suppose some guys just never get to the point where enough is enough. They just need to win the robot to robot dice, even against other v6 Amaroks? Like Petri would say kleinpielletjiesindroom.

Anyway to add something constructive, my best buddy's Amarok is now past 100k km on the clock, and runs like the day he bought it new. Not a days problems and everything still feels solid, no cabin rattles of any kind.

I would buy a nice one with low km in a heartbeat if I were in the market for a bakkie again and it fits my budget.
    Louis Adendorff
    Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (Ironman suit)
    Everest 2.2 XLS (Swamboís mommy taxi)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hooly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hooly View Post
    Why the hell would you want to chip a v6 Amarok!?

But I suppose some guys just never get to the point where enough is enough. They just need to win the robot to robot dice, even against other v6 Amaroks? Like Petri would say kleinpielletjiesindroom.

Anyway to add something constructive, my best buddy's Amarok is now past 100k km on the clock, and runs like the day he bought it new. Not a days problems and everything still feels solid, no cabin rattles of any kind.

I would buy a nice one with low km in a heartbeat if I were in the market for a bakkie again and it fits my budget.
    I am waiting patiently for one that is in good nick and up to 50k km on it. If I come across one, I'll make it mine.

It doesn't even need to have extras or mods.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

I am waiting patiently for one that is in good nick and up to 50k km on it. If I come across one, I'll make it mine.

It doesn't even need to have extras or mods.
    When I bought my Golf GTi 16V in 1989, VW's motto at the time was "engineering under the skin". This V6 bakkie by VW takes that motto to the next level. I'm sure one will come your way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

A friend of mine broke a leaf and was given a quote for R10000 per blade pair( not the whole pack) from VW .I am considering OME because the OME heavy duty suspension will be less than a Seikel suspension with a extra leaf( I need extra weight carry ability) Also I don’t like the idea of the spacers Seikel use in the rear because that should decrease wheel travel vs a larger spring pack in my mind.
    In that case you would pay R 20,000 for an upgraded rear suspension with extra load carrying ability, if you bought the missing leafs, which make up the difference between VW's comfort vs heavy duty suspension on the Amarok and keep the really well engineered parabolic springs.
    Last edited by HugoNotte; 2021/09/12 at 11:11 AM.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser -sold-

Try. Mikem Suspensions for a leaf pack.. Much cheaper

Unfortunately not Jean.

There were two reasons:

1) The remap. I am always hesitant to buy a remapped or chipped car, especially one as expensive as the Rok. I also could not get anything in writing that the remap would not affect the warranty.

2) Maybe a lesser issue, but that vehicle had two owners already in a space of 3 years.

I am still interested in a V6 Rok, so I'll wait and see what comes up in a few months.
    Fair enough, the remap would bother me as well.
    If you mapped it you probably drove the hell out of it
    Jean van Niekerk
    105 Cruiser
    Amarok AWD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanvn For This Useful Post:

Presies.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Schimper View Post
    Try. Mikem Suspensions for a leaf pack.. Much cheaper
    They prefer to add an ali block under the rear springs. This is far from my preference, however their argument, which I agree with, is that the factory springs are parabolic and much superior to traditional leafs, and therefore better to stick with than going with a non-parabolic aftermarket alternative.

I know that sikele comes in a good better best, sort of range and i am not sure if they include new leaf packs, but I would be loath to replace parabolic springs with normal leaf springs as part of an ďupgrade.Ē if you are carrying heavier loads, try and rather get hold of the heavy duty OEM spring pack from someone that wants a softer ride.

yes and no, I'd rather buy a car that was driven hard but allowed to warm and cool down properly because the owner is a petrol head than one where the owner pulls into the one stop after driving at 140km/h for the last hour and just kills the engine.
    Anton Muller

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens.

2020 X3 M40i
    Birkin SR20VET race car

A Remap on this specific engine wouldnt bother me that much .

But the warranty would be a deal breaker
    Last edited by Tiaan Pot; 2021/09/13 at 03:30 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast