Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: Sunsynk guru/help needed

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Look at page 22. With these eastern units pictures speak better than words.

Its clearly a grid-tie inverter.
    Thanks for the pointer. I just had a quick look. Actually looking at the specs on p25 it is clearly a grid tied with the AC output figures. Also a section called Grid tied. This is the problem when one just glances through some pages.

Now that I took notice of the Infinisolar their prices are quite good at R7 300 for a pure hybrid with grid tied and back up of 3kW.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2021/08/19 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Thanks for the pointer. I just had a quick look. Actually looking at the specs on p25 it is clearly a grid tied with the AC output figures. Also a section called Grid tied. This is the problem when one just glances through some pages.

Now that I took notice of the Infinisolar their prices are quite good at R7 300 for a pure hybrid with grid tied and back up of 3kW.
    I am really sorry that we are polluting this thread, but you noticed the external relay control of the load. This is super useful for controlling the output for loads where you need to split neutral and Live for earth leakage. I normally do this with a contactor anyway, but this is nicely integrated and gives you some control.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

No problem, all the info is good.

So I enabled the setting in the first pick, turned on the grid (AC) and then the geyser. The geyser then drew power from the battery till 50%, then solar and grid supplied the rest.

Im sure I can live with this for now until they bring back my original inverter which is repaired and ready to install apparently.

Still dont know if i trust these guys, what will they change again and not tell me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPEG_20210820_072557_3892109350596119023.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	626846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPEG_20210820_072641_6078853004006827873.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	626847
    Last edited by jice; 2021/08/20 at 10:56 AM.
    Jaco
    Life's a journey, enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jice View Post

So I enabled the setting in the first pick, turned on the grid (AC) and then the geyser. The geyser then drew power from the battery till 50%, then solar and grid supplied the rest.

Im sure I can live with this for now until they bring back my original inverter which is repaired and ready to install apparently.

Still dont know if i trust these guys, what will they change again and not tell me. Click image for larger version. 

Refer to post #61. If battery setting is 30% I see it that you want to use your battery in the evening up to SOC of 30% that is to say the geyser ran from the battery after sunset. By setting it higher like 80% you have 80% if you are hit by LS shed as we know Eskom alerted 4 genny went down late afternoon yesterday.

Your 01:00 - 09:00 settings from is pretty useless since there is no way that your battery SOC can go up without charging from grid.

And then from 09:00 onwards you will be using grid to supplement your loads untill the battery is over 70%, but then at 13:00 you will use battery again.

I would change the settings as follows

01:00 - 30%
    05:00 - 30%
    09:00 - 30%
    13:00 - 30%
    17:00 - 90%
    22:00 - 30%

With the above you will supplement loads from battery should you get a cloud moving in front of the sun instead of grid. You could also drop the percentages to 20% if you want to squeeze the most out of them. 80% drain on lithiums is fine for daily cycle.

With setting the battery at 90% at 17:00 you are guaranteed to have a 90% battery at 22:00. And if Eskom decides to loadshed during the night you will have enough juice to get you through the night. if it is a particularly cloudy day and you battery only got to say 70% at 17:00 then it will sit on 70% till 22:00 and then start draining again.

When you hear that eskom is loadshedding you can quickly change the percentage from 30 to say 50 for that timeslot and click the grid charge to push some current capacity into the batteries.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mjmza For This Useful Post:

Also remember that when you get mains failure, that time of use setup is rendered null and void and it will run from battery until your minimum percentage under the battery setup is reached before the inverter will shut down.

When they added your second battery, did they up the capacity value under the battery setup to include both? Yours should be 200A as each battery is 100A
    Last edited by Mjmza; 2021/08/20 at 12:04 PM.

Default Sunsynk guru/help needed

Hi,

I'm looking for someone with experience on Sunsynk inverters. I have a few questions which my installer cannot answer so need to turn elsewhere.

Im in JHB if that matters.
    Who did your installation? You can PM if you donít want to mention it publicly. I have a similar setup to you; a Sunsynk inverter and a BSL battery. There are only a few installers doing that combo, so maybe itís the same installer.

I havenít seen all posts (itís a lot to get through), but did see one or two screenshots of your system. Without seeing the whole setup, itís not easy to pinpoint the common problems.

If you want, I can send you details of an installer that fixed two of my mates systems caused by a previous incompetent installer. Heís in Potch but travels to GP often. I had my teething problems sorted by a SA Sunsynk employee, after speaking to [s]Richard[/s] Keith Gough (Sunsynk CEO) in Hong Kong. I subscribe to his emails that give training and advice, so I know the system quite well now having trialed and errored my way through all the settings.
    Last edited by Frostii; 2021/08/21 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostii View Post
    I had my teething problems sorted by a SA Sunsynk employee, after speaking to Richard Gough (Sunsynk CEO) in Hong Kong.
    If you're going to name drop use the right name
    It's Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigm View Post
    If you're going to name drop use the right name
    It's Keith.
    Thanks. I meant Keith.

Richard is a friend of mine.

Jice, what SW version do you have on your Sunsynk? I notice that your graphic flowchart screen also shows the non-essential power to the house icon, which mine does not. My unit is on version e418 I think.
    Last edited by rionf; 2021/08/23 at 09:19 AM.
    Rion
    Dakar: Tuna
    Dahouse: Miskruier B129
    Dafun: Camping/Swimming/Hikes/Offroad

Quote Originally Posted by rionf View Post
    Jice, what SW version do you have on your Sunsynk? I notice that your graphic flowchart screen also shows the non-essential power to the house icon, which mine does not. My unit is on version e418 I think.
    That's a setting in the system mode screen. Have a look at the examples above. One of the boxes must be ticked/unticked to display this, can't recall which one at the moment.

Check if the tick box for ďLimit to load onlyĒ is ticked?

Untick it and you will see the house. This is for supplying power only to the load side of your inverter. It shows on page last 30-32 in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostii View Post
    Check if the tick box for ďLimit to load onlyĒ is ticked?

Untick it and you will see the house. This is for supplying power only to the load side of your inverter. It shows on page last 30-32 in the manual.
    Thanks guys!
    Rion
    Dakar: Tuna
    Dahouse: Miskruier B129
    Dafun: Camping/Swimming/Hikes/Offroad

Ask Sunsynk for a firmware upgrade. They do remotely

Also a lot more stable

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5