Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BroLink/Ford SA/ Mosselbay Ford - beware....

So as some of you interested trollers might have noticed, old Ford fan Toyota hater bought a new .... Ford!!! A 4x4!!!
    The bakkie is/sorry was awesome!!! The Auto, the luxury, the phenominal electronics... You can even track and start it from your phone!!!
    Then Brolink the Insurers demanded a tracking device. Bakkie was still at Mosselbay Ford. So they said "no problem" - they are on it!! Paid the money to them and signed the documents - but apparantly CarTrack's technician had Covid...
    No problem though - take the vehicle - Brolink allows 14days for fitment...
    So after 10 happy days of ownership - no word from anybody!
    Contacted Ford Mosselbay and warned them we have only 3 days left until my insurance lapse...
    I offered that I will drive the 50odd k's to them for numberplates and the tracker...
    That was Monday morning - spoken to Marcello - the sales-person.
    Monday afternoon CarTrack phoned me to make an appointment to fit the device at my house...
    3pm Monday afternoon the Cartrack technician showed up - armed with a Nissan NP200, a huge toolbox and insulation tape... My first words to him were: I'm a perfectionist with OCD - I don't want any ####!!!
    Obviously I was not allowed to watch - but at one stage - after numerous alarms and start-ups of the vehicle - I couldn't help to get concerned and notice a rather stripped-down more than half a million rand vehicle on my lawn in front of my house in clowdy weather with EVERYTHING open....
    When at last - after more than 2hrs, endless alarms and start-ups he declared the Ford fit... Well I refused to sign-off... Shucks - you are not allowed to fit anything not OEM approved - yet they allow this Slaughtering...
    I've send emails to my Insurance Broker - GVS Brokers, Ford SA and Mosselbay Ford - questioning the "fairness" of this conduct... When I eventually felt like moving the bakkie from the butchery/lawn the next day - the gears were screatching for around 15sec when I switched to reverse - exactely when the reverse camera came on...
    The only feedback I had in 3 days time was an email from Ford Mosselbay's DP - Gerhard de Necker - just to say it is not their responsibility nor problem...
    Then I forwarded everything to their owner, the same owner as Mosselbay and Knysna VW - Mr Knoetze - zero feedback!!!
    My temporary permit expires the 11th of August, I still have no registration, although I paid R5000 for that... not a word from anybody!!!
    Make your own conclusions, but hopefully this can save somebody somewhere this agony....
    Last edited by hbannink; 2021/08/15 at 07:55 PM. Reason: language like that can get you in .......
    2021 Ranger 2.2 XLS 4X4 Auto SupCab
    2020 BMW F850GS
    1968 Ford 20M 2500S coupe

Default Re: BroLink/Ford SA/ Mosselbay Ford - beware....

Good luck with Cartrack. They have a 100% recovery rate but their customer service has 1 out 5 rating on hellopeter. 85 % people complain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ernestank For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ernestank View Post
    Good luck with Cartrack. They have a 100% recovery rate but their customer service has 1 out 5 rating on hellopeter. 85 % people complain
    Thanks, makes absolute sense after what I've experienced!!!
    One would think that professional people in the auto industry would be aware of that and not hand over an unsuspecting customer to such a "service provider"!!!
    Fact - the upfront payment I had to make was to Mosselbay Ford - not directly to Cartrack...
    2020 BMW F850GS

If you paid Ford then they are responsible for the work done by the company they appointed. Take them to the cleaners! They can't say its not their responsibility. You paid them it's their problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ernestank For This Useful Post:

As could have been expected I presume - with all my moaning - I got my numberplates and disc - no offer by the Dealer to fit them, but I'll manage
    No apologies or any other "sign of politeness" ....

And No - I'm not really a Toyota hater - I almost pulled the trigger on a 2.8 Xcab 4x4 - maybe I should have...
    Only consellation is that Cartrak told me they strip a Hilux even deeper to fit their "Insurance" goodies!!
    Well at least the Ranger drives as if it is on Satin Slippers... I should just get the picture of what I saw and the pathetic email from Mosselbay's Ford DP out of my head!!!

Time...
    2020 BMW F850GS

I think as you can see from my last post, I tried to make the most from this unfortunate situation...
    Well since 5am yesterday morning - my woes escilated! The alarm - a rather loud horn - will just start to scream!!! Not very welcome when you live in a security complex with neigbours close!
    The chime sound also coupled to the reverse sensors, started to sound sick - like the little speaker is drowning... That went away again.
    This morning - all hell broke loose - not stop horn activation. It will start and drive, but the horn will scream non stop!!! With angry neighbours all around, I disconnected the battery - silence at last!!! After various Whatsapp messages to all interested and affected parties, Cartrack sent out a technician, an expert this time!! He disconnected all their devices and admitted that it were installed incorrectly, not following OEM protocol!!!
    On my insistance, he ran a diagnosis on the bakkie's computer - finding 2 faults and subsequently clearing them.
    I was so thankful and relieved!!!
    This evening - while having a braai and finally relaxing - bakkie safely tucked away in the garage - the horn took off yet again!!! On an off this time around, but in the end I had to disconnect the battery again...
    I give up, you pay through yours ears for everything, and then this!!! Only 583km on the clock - normally I would have done 3000+ km in this time.
    Cartrack even threatens me with a "removal fee"!!!
    I want the deal cancelled completely!!! I am even willing to pay for the 583km - although 150+ was between my house and Mosselbay Ford.
    And this is the feedback I have received from Mosselbay Ford's DP (remember - Cartrack did the installation for them - not me!!):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210811_120215.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	626350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210814_223852.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	346.2 KB 
ID:	626351  
    2020 BMW F850GS

I think cartrack stuffed things up with the installation as nothing was wrong with the vehicle until the unit was fitted. It is common practice for insurance companies to insist on a tracker if the vehicle is over a specified value. I would suggest you contact your broker, ask them to handle the situation and get a different tracking company.

I understand your frustration, I really do.
    These are honest questions:
    How is the Ford dealership responsible for your choice of insurance company and tracking device installation?
    Did Ford insist on the insurance company and tracking device?

I had a new company Ranger that was fitted with tracking device from a different tracking company.

At installation the guy assured me that there is no splicing into any harness, and that they use Ford approved entry points into the system.

Within a week after installation the difflock started coming on intermittently while driving. Obviously the bakkie is not drivable like that.

Suspecting the tracker installation, but with no way of knowing I contacted the selling dealer, who reported it to FORD SA. They arranged for a flatbed to collect the bakkie and transport it to the nearest dealer which was Jaffe's Ford in Worcester. I only told them that there is a tracker fitted, nothing more.

They gave me a courtesy bakkie, and had the bakkie for a week trying to find the fault.

After a week I got back the bakkie, and was told that they found a loose connection on the harness, a plug that was not properly connected. They also said that if the problem rears it's head again, that the tracker would have to be removed first before they will look at the problem again.

45,000kms later and it never happened again, neither did it in the couple of thousand kms before the tracker was fitted.

I am convinced the problem was caused by sloppy installation of the tracker unit, and Jaffes Ford Worcester found and fixed the problem at their cost without a single ooh or aah. From then on all services was and will be done by them, I'm a very satisfied client.

Also, none of my personal vehicles will ever be fitted with a tracker. Seen and read too many tracker related problems. I'll rather get an insurer who does not require one, or will let me pay a waiver, same as waiver for claim excess payment. Luckily I've never had that requirement from my insurance.
    2010 Ford Ranger 2.5TD XLT 4X4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nieljooste For This Useful Post:

Car Track!!!!! Don't get me started.

Like you, my insurers insisted on a Car Track been fitted to my vehicle. You have no choice unless you change insurers. They pay for the unit and then you have to literally beg for the unit to be fitted. The trim is not replaced correctly and clips are broken by these so called proffesional installers.

I am not sure if the unit works as when tested I have not been contacted. They only offer a 1 year warranty on the unit but tie you up for a 3 year period.

Fast forward 18 months and you sell your vehicle. They demand the full purchase price of a new unit from you!!! Never again, I will change insurers if this is their stipulation or they must take full responsability for the full term.
    2016 V8 D/Cab Cruiser
    Land Cruiser VDJ 71
    2020 LC 200 GXR
    2020 LC FJ

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geoff norton For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    I understand your frustration, I really do.
    These are honest questions:
    How is the Ford dealership responsible for your choice of insurance company and tracking device installation?
    Did Ford insist on the insurance company and tracking device?
    Brolink was my broker's choice, and they just demanded a tracking device.
    The choice of Cartrack was done by Mosselbay Ford. M Ford chose them, organised everything, and I even had to pay M Ford, not Cartrack. According to all Cartrack's documentation the vehicle belongs to M Ford, not me...
    Last edited by Ha-Ka; 2021/08/15 at 11:26 AM.
    2020 BMW F850GS

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ha-Ka For This Useful Post:

I am also with brolink and i had a choice of tracking company. I have been a brolink client for close to 10 years and have not had any issues with them. My broker asked me who do I want as tracking company and set everything up for me. They got the tracking company to contact me to do the install. Plus no installation fee was charged. So maybe take that up with your broker as i think they are slacking and not doing their job.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mjmza For This Useful Post:

I'm still trying to get my head around this issue.
    How did it come about that Ford got to decide which tracker, and got paid to have it installed?
    Is it a service/extra they offer with the sale and then add it to the purchase price - like with tinted windows? If that is the case, then I can see why you feel Ford should carry the responsibility. If that is enforceable is way above my (lack off) legal knowledge.

So sorry to hear about your woes. I had the same problem in 2014 when I bought my Disco IV and vowed, never again. Six months ago when I bought the Merc Brolink came with the very same ultimatum. That's when I bid them a fond farewell. I'm now insured elsewhere, with no need for a tracking device as well as a much lower premium. Good luck with this one, I hope they are able to restore your vehicle although I somehow doubt it.
    Mercedes Benz GLC 250d

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AwieT For This Useful Post:

Iím also in Mosselbay, also bought a Ford, 2.2 though, and had Cartrack install a unit in my van a week ago by a very friendly and efficient tech at my home. I was also instructed by the insurance company to get it installed, at their cost mind you, all arranged by them. To date no issues with the installation or the unit, guess insurers also make a difference. I must be one of the 25% happy customers.
    2019 Ford Ranger
    2006 KTM 950 Adv

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    Winston Churchill

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jfe For This Useful Post:

I'm still trying to get my head around this issue.
    How did it come about that Ford got to decide which tracker, and got paid to have it installed?
    Is it a service/extra they offer with the sale and then add it to the purchase price - like with tinted windows? If that is the case, then I can see why you feel Ford should carry the responsibility. If that is enforceable is way above my (lack off) legal knowledge.
    Yes, it was done the same way as you said about tinted windows/smash & grab, etc. The contract was already finalised at the stage when my broker informed us of Brolink's requirement... So M.Ford wanted to alter the fin. Contract, but I offered to pay the R1440odd cash. Did the EFT right there to M.Ford - thought I was in good hands...
    2020 BMW F850GS

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ha-Ka For This Useful Post:

I must confess. Under those conditions the dealer should at least take on the installer on your behalf.
    I really feel your pain!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

I must confess. Under those conditions the dealer should at least take on the installer on your behalf.
    I really feel your pain!
    Agree 100% Roelf.

Look, its not really Ford's baby this, lets be honest....they actually just received the payment and sub-contracted the work. That's how I see it. You would have installed the thing anyway, doesnt matter how Payment was made.....??

BUT ..... As Roelf said, the Selling Dealer could at least "pair" with you and give those installers Flak for sloppy work (by the look of things).

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Agree 100% Roelf.

Look, its not really Ford's baby this, lets be honest....they actually just received the payment and sub-contracted the work. That's how I see it. You would have installed the thing anyway, doesnt matter how Payment was made.....??

BUT ..... As Roelf said, the Selling Dealer could at least "pair" with you and give those installers Flak for sloppy work (by the look of things).
    Yes Petri, I agree 100% on the sub-contracting thing!! And if you followed this entire issue, you will realise I didn't jump on the social media platform immediately, I gave all involved 3 work days to respond... After 2 days all I've received is the "denial" response from the DP. Then I escalated it to the owner - zero feedback up till now! Cartrack says they've only learned about the issue 10days later - that's why they now insist on a removal fee... That is however actually a lie, as I have refused to sign off the installation document right after installation!!
    Within 30 minutes I escalated the issue per email!
    This entire mess could have been avoided rather easily by:
    1. My broker/Brolink giving me the choice of a tracking device or 10% access - as they have done now...too late!
    2. M.bay Ford contacting me the next day with the words: "Sorry for the inconveniance - can you please bring the vehicle in so we can assess it and make sure everything is fine" - not denying any responsibility 2 days later!!
    3. Cartrack following OEM protocol by a professional from the beginning!

Ford SA is innocent in my view - I just felt the need to inform them what unproffesional conduct can happen to a new vehicle under the mentorship of an official Dealer...
    2020 BMW F850GS

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ha-Ka For This Useful Post:

Haka agree.....HELL, The Dealer should have just called you a couple times........and turn this into a "Complliments" Thread.

Stoopid, if you ask me.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast