Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Default Re: Fortuner 3.0 vs. Disco 4 SE/HSE

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    I hope your issues get sorted out OP.
    I was recently in a similar situation looking at cars, I bought a Ford Everest and couldnt be happier.
    A mate of mine bought a low mileage and well looked after disco 3 a few years back... he sold it after seeing the bill for the first service.
    Another mate had a disco 4 and loved it, definitely wasnt cheap to keep it going, so its probably luck of the draw.

Second hand car dealers are all dodgy, there is no such thing as an honest used car salesman and they are good at hiding faults on used cars.
    You at least know what needs to be done and the extended warranty should hopefully add some peace of mind, is it a 3rd party or original extended warranty?
    You are painting with a very broad brush........ I have had some great interactions with secondhand car dealers.

I am often surprised by the sheer shyte some people are prepared to buy because they are

* Stupid
    * Too lazy to shop around
    * Too lazy to do a bit of research
    * Seemingly unable to give a vehicle a thorough inspection (common sense based)
    * "Must have" a spesific brand or model and will go blind because of this
    * Instant gratification - once decided must have it right now.

Add this into the mix and a second hand car dealer does not have to be even remotely dishonest.

Granted, not always the case and the above not aimed at the OP.
    Jaco Nell

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    You are painting with a very broad brush........ I have had some great interactions with secondhand car dealers.

I am often surprised by the sheer shyte some people are prepared to buy because they are

* Stupid
    * Too lazy to shop around
    * Too lazy to do a bit of research
    * Seemingly unable to give a vehicle a thorough inspection (common sense based)
    * "Must have" a spesific brand or model and will go blind because of this
    * Instant gratification - once decided must have it right now.

Add this into the mix and a second hand car dealer does not have to be even remotely dishonest.

Granted, not always the case and the above not aimed at the OP.
    No offence taken. We did lots of research (including here on this forum to ask owners about their experiences) and we weren't hung up on this particular vehicle. We did notice the alignment was out on the test drive and we were promised it would be resolved, but it was a short drive as fuel tank was nearly empty so maybe didn't give it enough time on the road is we should have. Some stuff wasn't visible on the visual inspection and I have now learnt a very valuable lesson about a pre-purchase inspection. I'm certainly not an expert on cars and maybe there's a bit of naive belief that dealerships should always deliver a vehicle fully PDI'd and/or Health Checked prior to delivery.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMoose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    This must be so frustrating. Hope it comes right. Strongly recommend Walter at LRExtreme if you get a situation where you can have a pre-purchase inspection, or somehow manage to get this one looked at by an independent party. Excellent workmanship and a real stand-up operation, and they should be the ones to service the car on an ongoing basis. You will not regret it.
    Thank you so much. The workshop is sorting out the issues as we speak and we will ask for an independent inspection. Going to check out LR Extreme.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMoose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMoose View Post
    Thank you so much. The workshop is sorting out the issues as we speak and we will ask for an independent inspection. Going to check out LR Extreme.

Because they are VERY good they often will have a waiting time to get a vehicle in there for regular service. The owners however are very willing to go the extra mile to help out - they love Landys - so if you explain the situation chances are good they'd give it a go thru for you without a long wait - obviously can't speak for them on this. When I first called them to book a service (changing from another Indy who will remain unnamed), they quoted a next available date 5 weeks out. Initially I was put off. Until I realized...why... They now are the only folks who will touch all 3 LRs I have. I am sure there are some others around who are also very competent - but they earned, in spades, my loyalty with a few different things they did for us.

When I have gotten in a bind, they have helped immediately. Simply stand-out exceptional people running that business.

Hello, new to the forum ...Discovery 3 2007 with 381000km

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justipoohs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justipoohs View Post
    Hello, new to the forum ...Discovery 3 2007 with 381000km
    What engine D3?
    D3 V8
    Venter Off Roader

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMoose View Post
    Out of interest- what ended up happening with your discovery?
    D3 V8
    Venter Off Roader

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6