Default Greetings 4x4 community

First off, a huge praise to the members of this forum, your knowledge and expertise is unmatched. You have helped me with everything from selecting a gass cylinder to plumbing and much more over the years.

I'm based in Johannesburg since 2011 originally from Durban and I'm glad to finally join the forum.

My reason for stepping out from the shadows is after owning a number of cars and bikes, I'm now looking to get my first bakkie. Since I'm working remotely full time it's an opportunity to explore more of our beautiful country so something with an off-road bias is needed.

I'll post a separate thread with more detail once I've done more research and narrowed down my search (and decided which vehicles to sell to fund the purchase)

For now here is picture of what's in my garage at the moment. (Ford Figo parks outside )

Default Re: Greetings 4x4 community

Welcome.

welcome,
    Last edited by Robbief; 2021/07/28 at 10:19 PM.
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.
    Sp Tourer

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    First off, a huge praise to the members of this forum, your knowledge and expertise is unmatched. You have helped me with everything from selecting a gass cylinder to plumbing and much more over the years.

I'm based in Johannesburg since 2011 originally from Durban and I'm glad to finally join the forum.

My reason for stepping out from the shadows is after owning a number of cars and bikes, I'm now looking to get my first bakkie. Since I'm working remotely full time it's an opportunity to explore more of our beautiful country so something with an off-road bias is needed.

I'll post a separate thread with more detail once I've done more research and narrowed down my search (and decided which vehicles to sell to fund the purchase)

For now here is picture of what's in my garage at the moment. (Ford Figo parks outside )
    is the trike yours
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.
    Sp Tourer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbief For This Useful Post:

Hi and welcome. Ask as much as you wish, there will be answers.

Let us know your expertise, maybe you can help us.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

Hi and welcome, Shucks.

There is a huge amount of knowledge on this forum, as the Fluffy one says, feel free to contribute from your field of expertise.
    Errol Cornelius

Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

Yup, those Figos sure can stand up to the elements.....
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

@Robbief I guess the trike is mine since the original owner is more interested in tea sets and dolls.

@Fluffy @zx14 I'm cautious to call myself an expert when in the company of the 4x4 community, I'm more of a jack of all trades. Professionally I've worked in construction for a year, part time mechanic during college, studied psychology, worked in advertising and public relations, now a contract manager.
    Personally, I like taking things apart to see how they work, I enjoy working on anything with an engine and wheels, about 3 years ago I stripped my '93 Mazda 626 engine and completely rebuilt it from the block up took me about 4 months but got it running in the end. I'm competent in the basics of most household trades, plumbing, electrical, woodwork etc. My father is a boiler maker so I learnt welding and fabrication early on but it's not my strong point, I don't get enough practice.

Looking forward to contributing where I can.

@duncang I absolutely love my Figo! It is strong, can take a beating and has never given me an issue after 180k km