Default Armada aftermarket Suspension -

Hi Guys..

Need some help here . so for my wife's birthday I decides Ill be giving her a few inches .. Just to put a smile on her and my face.(Talking Suspension guys not the other Inches)

So I got my hands on a Brand Called Armada .. I heard that they not too bad BUT
    My issue and wifes issue is the Jimny now feels like it has No give on the suspension. Its super hard.. you hit a pea in the road and you feel the bump. Very uncomfortable ride.

Bouncy Bouncy all the way.

What are my options here?

Will the springs eventually wear in and become softer over time?

Wife ready to sell the Jimny. ( said i can keep inches - not interested)

Default Re: Armada aftermarket Suspension -

Quote Originally Posted by n0b0dy View Post
    Hi Guys..

Need some help here . so for my wife's birthday I decides Ill be giving her a few inches .. Just to put a smile on her and my face.(Talking Suspension guys not the other Inches)

So I got my hands on a Brand Called Armada .. I heard that they not too bad BUT
    My issue and wifes issue is the Jimny now feels like it has No give on the suspension. Its super hard.. you hit a pea in the road and you feel the bump. Very uncomfortable ride.

Bouncy Bouncy all the way.

What are my options here?

Will the springs eventually wear in and become softer over time?

Wife ready to sell the Jimny. ( said i can keep inches - not interested)
    Why not phone the owner/importer in Centurion. He is a great guy and proud of the product he provides.

The Amada suspension will be firmer no doubt, but what is your tyre pressure?
    Willie Knoetze

2019 Nissan NP300 2.5tdi d/c 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    Agreed, Amada is definitely firmer, but it should not be uncomfortable. What are your tyre pressures at?
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

Also check that they have supplied you with the correct shocks. Amada have two different shock lengths for the Jimny - for stock and for 50mm lift.
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to saxj For This Useful Post:

FWM

Agree with Saxj and others. I ran Armada shocks for a number of years on my Jimny and never experienced a harsh or bouncy ride.

Give Cobus in Centurion a call and chat to him. Vic may have a point that you have the wrong set installed.
    Eric
    ----------
    (ZS6EPL)

ME_______ - 2018 Mahindra THAR - Hard Top / VHF+UHF Comms / Dual Battery system / Winch
    SWAMBO__ - 2014 Mahindra BOLERO - Feels like an SJ / loads like a truck / tows like a tank!
    RETIRED___ - Zooks Galore ...'08 Jimny / '99 Gen 1 GV / 1.6 Vitara JLX-x2 / SJ413 SWB-x3 / SJ413 LWB-x1 / SJ410-x2.

I have Armada shock fitted on two vehicles and am a big fan of there product.
    Also Cobus really stand by his product as others have stated.
    Give him a call.....

One thing to take into account with the Armada shocks is that they are pretty much equal on compression and rebound damping where a lot of other off the shelf shocks are soft on compression damping and control the wheel on rebound.
    This will give a firmer ride especially on a light weight short wheelbase vehicle.
    With this in mind ride quality changes rapidly with very small changes in tyre pressure.
    0.1 bar change in tyre pressure can take my SJ from bucking bronco to a smooth ride.

My suggestion would be....
    Take the vehicle out for a longish run and get the tyres warm
    Measure the tyre pressures once warm and drop by 0.1 bar and see if that makes a difference
    If you are happy then measure the cold pressures and use that as your new base line.

I would not go down much more than 0.1 bar below stock pressures (with stock size tyres) on a daily driver as this could lead to other handling issues like tyre roll in fast corners.
    Last edited by Wooky; 2021/07/27 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    Thank You for input. I tried this.
    Running on 1 .5 to make it bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooky View Post
    I have Armada shock fitted on two vehicles and am a big fan of there product.
    Also Cobus really stand by his product as others have stated.
    Give him a call.....

One thing to take into account with the Armada shocks is that they are pretty much equal on compression and rebound damping where a lot of other off the shelf shocks are soft on compression damping and control the wheel on rebound.
    This will give a firmer ride especially on a light weight short wheelbase vehicle.
    With this in mind ride quality changes rapidly with very small changes in tyre pressure.
    0.1 bar change in tyre pressure can take my SJ from bucking bronco to a smooth ride.

My suggestion would be....
    Take the vehicle out for a longish run and get the tyres warm
    Measure the tyre pressures once warm and drop by 0.1 bar and see if that makes a difference
    If you are happy then measure the cold pressures and use that as your new base line.

I would not go down much more than 0.1 bar below stock pressures (with stock size tyres) on a daily driver as this could lead to other handling issues like tyre roll in fast corners.
    as per post on previous reply. on 1.5 ( city driving)but when i go long road ( smooth tar and no speed bumps ) i bump them up to 1.8 (cold) they then settle at 1.9 . This is just with 2 pax and over night bag.

any one have a number for me to call the distributor. I bought them off a Jimny owner and not direct by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericl View Post
    Agree with Saxj and others. I ran Armada shocks for a number of years on my Jimny and never experienced a harsh or bouncy ride.

Give Cobus in Centurion a call and chat to him. Vic may have a point that you have the wrong set installed.
    Hi . Ok so i have no idea if wrong ones .. they fit. and the Jimny is standing a bit taller.. so i recon its the lift one.

I know how you feel. I bought Tough Dog coils and shocks for my jimny second hand.

I tried to sell it on immediately after installing it, it was rock hard... but I learned to live with it, also playing around with tyre pressures.

Good luck!
    Tjaart
    ______

2010 Suzuki Jimny

what tyres are you running?
    Are they stock size?

what tyres are you running?
    Are they stock size?
    Yip what came out with it . Please note our jimny is the last of the round shape . so its not the brand new one that looks like a mini Jeep.

Ta Ill call tomo

Quote Originally Posted by Tjarra View Post
    I know how you feel. I bought Tough Dog coils and shocks for my jimny second hand.

I tried to sell it on immediately after installing it, it was rock hard... but I learned to live with it, also playing around with tyre pressures.

Good luck!
    As mentioned it the Boss lady vehicle. Ill try some more combo's in pressure.
    Hate to lose the suspension but if i can resolve soon ill have to remove.