Default From Punda Maria to Botswana - how to do it in one day?

I have foreign friends in Kruger at the moment. They are going to be there for a few days and then they want to exit at Punda Maria and make their way to Kasane over 2 days with a one night stop in Botsawana.

- Which border crossing would be recommended? Pont Drif, Platjan, Zanzibar or Groblersbrug? This is not meant to be a scenic drive as such, just hard driving

- Where can they get a quick covid test on the way to the border? (Groblersbrug probably at the border, but I doubt about the others)

- Considering the above, what route should they use from Punda Maria to the suggested border? (they probably need a rest stop every 2 hours)

- Once into Botswana, is there a overnight stop you can suggest within a day's drive of Kasane?

Thank you very much in anticipation of your replies
    Last edited by Mykel; 2021/07/22 at 07:39 AM.

Default Re: From Punda Maria to Botswana - how to do it in one day?

Groblersbrug should be open as it's a major border. Zanzibar's number is +267 264 6217 maybe give them a call and see if they're open but I think Groblersbrug might be better option.

You would pass through Louis Trichardt and Alldays which are major towns and would offer covid testing but not sure on how quickly you'd get results and still get to a border. The best halfway stop to Kasane is elephant sands but that's 11 hours total from Punda Maria gate and excluding the stop for covid test. Maybe look for something a bit further south or around Francistown?
    2018 Suzuki Jimny - Expedition vehicle
    2002 Land Rover Defender - Daily Drive

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldon93 For This Useful Post: