Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: National Luna 12v Split Charger System

Quote Originally Posted by Die SwartKat View Post
    Eish but if you forget to flip the switch back to off once you've reached your destination and keep on forgetting about it for a day or 3....

Not a bad plan... however if I were to do it like that I would def have the positive for trigger linked to my ignition, hahahaha
    Mike

Out in the bush!

2012 Amarok BiTDi 4Motion
    1956 Series 1 (now in boxes, Covid delayed the rebuild)
    1999 Land Cruiser 105 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Die SwartKat View Post
    Eish but if you forget to flip the switch back to off once you've reached your destination and keep on forgetting about it for a day or 3....
    I hear you. That is why I use an illuminated DC switch on the dash. So I can easily see when it is switched on.

In fact, I normally leave it on (batteries connected) when I stop in camp to run the fridge off both batteries for a while, if I do not connect to solar, immediately. This is in order to use the starter battery a while to help the auxiliary battery before I use only the auxiliary battery for the night.

I also use a normal starter battery as an auxiliary battery. I just monitor the batteries SOC, closely though. Also this system works for me currently and I have not experienced any starting problems in the morning. Cheap and basic.
    Lourens Goosen

Quote Originally Posted by Viertrek View Post
    I hear you. That is why I use an illuminated DC switch on the dash. So I can easily see when it is switched on.

In fact, I normally leave it on (batteries connected) when I stop in camp to run the fridge off both batteries for a while, if I do not connect to solar, immediately. This is in order to use the starter battery a while to help the auxiliary battery before I use only the auxiliary battery for the night.

I also use a normal starter battery as an auxiliary battery. I just monitor the batteries SOC, closely though. Also this system works for me currently and I have not experienced any starting problems in the morning. Cheap and basic.
    Good idea!
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3