Thread: NDM Travel woes

Default NDM Travel woes

Hi All, We booked and paid in July 2020 for our trip which is supposed to start in a couple of weeks.

After all the raving on here we decided to move from our previous booking agent to NDM Travels. The initial interactions were great. Dates given, quote given, payment immediately, emailed response etc.

However subsequent to that, when following up on the booking vouchers it is like getting blood out of a stone. It's almost as though they did not do the original bookings when they were paid and are now running around trying to get the bookings done.

As its stands we still don't actually have vouchers for 2 of our camps and despite several mails to them and whatsapps i just keep being told that all will be sent, with not a single response over the past 8 days?

Has anyone else had these issues? I must admit I am left quite disappointed.

Default Re: NDM Travel woes

Quote Originally Posted by David Gale View Post
    Hi All, We booked and paid in July 2020 for our trip which is supposed to start in a couple of weeks.

After all the raving on here we decided to move from our previous booking agent to NDM Travels. The initial interactions were great. Dates given, quote given, payment immediately, emailed response etc.

However subsequent to that, when following up on the booking vouchers it is like getting blood out of a stone. It's almost as though they did not do the original bookings when they were paid and are now running around trying to get the bookings done.

As its stands we still don't actually have vouchers for 2 of our camps and despite several mails to them and whatsapps i just keep being told that all will be sent, with not a single response over the past 8 days?

Has anyone else had these issues? I must admit I am left quite disappointed.
    We have done a number of bookings through them without issues, however there was a notable change in terms of ease of contact and payment when we booked for our trip in April this year. I got the distinct impression that their resources were badly impacted by COVID.

Hmmmm that is disappointing

I will shortly be booking for next year and will watch this thread with interest. Previously NDM were very good to me but a travel agent is there to make life easier not harder so interested to hear if they step up

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    We have done a number of bookings through them without issues, however there was a notable change in terms of ease of contact and payment when we booked for our trip in April this year. I got the distinct impression that their resources were badly impacted by COVID.

I booked and paid in July 2020 so would have expected to have received all the details sooner. I started following up over 6 weeks ago and have made several phone calls (mostly unanswered) several WhatsApp’s (last response 3 weeks ago) and several emails (last response 2 weeks ago) and still missing essential bookings. Obviously a lot of planning and effort have gone into this and the lack of communication is deeply worrying, especially as this is the 1st time I have used NDM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to David Gale For This Useful Post:

I booked and paid in July 2020 so would have expected to have received all the details sooner. I started following up over 6 weeks ago and have made several phone calls (mostly unanswered) several WhatsApp’s (last response 3 weeks ago) and several emails (last response 2 weeks ago) and still missing essential bookings. Obviously a lot of planning and effort have gone into this and the lack of communication is deeply worrying, especially as this is the 1st time I have used NDM.
    Sadly still no responses to my mail or answering of my calls. Would be very careful with NDM as something does not seem right.

Sadly still no responses to my mail or answering of my calls. Would be very careful with NDM as something does not seem right.
    Not sure if you have this but I used this number to communicate with them via WhatsAPP +26775504849.

Not sure if you have this but I used this number to communicate with them via WhatsAPP +26775504849.
    Yes I have used this one as well. Due to planned departure looming, I have actually spoken with the campsites directly to see if I can get traction and the vouchers. We cannot depart without the bookings as we will have no way of getting/printing/communicating once in Botswana.

Yes I have used this one as well. Due to planned departure looming, I have actually spoken with the campsites directly to see if I can get traction and the vouchers. We cannot depart without the bookings as we will have no way of getting/printing/communicating once in Botswana.
    My last interaction with Maile of NDM was always good but imperfect in terms of response time and I did get the impression that he was now effectively a one man band, thanks to the downturn in tourism. I can only hope he hasn't fallen victim to COVID.

My last interaction with Maile of NDM was always good but imperfect in terms of response time and I did get the impression that he was now effectively a one man band, thanks to the downturn in tourism. I can only hope he hasn't fallen victim to COVID.
    In the beginning they were very responsive. However when I have less than 10 days before I leave I would have expected to have all my vouchers and not panicking.

I have phoned a couple of my friends in Maun to double check and it seems that bookings have been made, but not paid for and therefore vouchers not issued. My payment to them was in July 2020. If not paid promptly then the prices would have increased and now they will have a shortfall of funds. A very risky business model.

We have had to postpone our 2020 April/May trip to 2022. Maile is definitely still around...I had an email from him just yesterday.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lin29 For This Useful Post:

To David Gale

Bare with us for delayed responses, your booking is definately secured, so expect all vouchers before your travel date is due, I have been exchanging mails with DAVE, so check your mails as remaining vouchers are following.

Thanks

Maile

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NDMBots For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NDMBots View Post
    To David Gale

Bare with us for delayed responses, your booking is definately secured, so expect all vouchers before your travel date is due, I have been exchanging mails with DAVE, so check your mails as remaining vouchers are following.

Thanks

Maile
    Thank You Maile. I did receive a mail from you today. However as per your previous mail on 08/07 and 01/07 you are asking us to be patient.

Patience is thin as we paid in July 2020 but will be patient for a few more days as we are departing next week.

A further update on this. I received the final campsite booking yesterday afternoon. Thank you Maile.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Gale For This Useful Post: