Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Banggood order

Default Banggood order

Who has recieved orders from banggood or have ordered this year from them.
    I want to order some stuff but sceptical if I will recieve my goods because of the covid.

Default Re: Banggood order

Recently ordered (12 June) with tax free shipping and package is now in SA with PAXI.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WantOnsKan For This Useful Post:

Ordered from Banggood on 01 May 2021, DHL delivered on 12 May 2021

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastiaan For This Useful Post:

I have also received an order this month which was shipped within the timelines specified. I recently had an issue with an order were the supplier could not ship the item. Banggood refunded my credit card in 2 days so refunds do work when something goes wrong.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyJimny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WantOnsKan View Post
    Recently ordered (12 June) with tax free shipping and package is now in SA with PAXI.
    Please explain the tax free shipping and the other shipping option.

I was under the impression that you pay the tax on collection/delivery of your goods when you choose tax free option.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post

I was under the impression that you pay the tax on collection/delivery of your goods when you choose tax free option.
    Tax free = no import duties paid by you. I'm not sure if there is a threshold, I have only bought low value items from Banggood.

The other options are "faster" ie express, but more expensive and import tax fee payable by you.

Quote Originally Posted by WantOnsKan View Post
    Tax free = no import duties paid by you. I'm not sure if there is a threshold, I have only bought low value items from Banggood.

The other options are "faster" ie express, but more expensive and import tax fee payable by you.
    Thank you for clarifying.

I noticed the other option also cost more. Is it because the tax is already included or do you pay that tax on delivery?
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post

For most purchases you can choose between normal and TAX free. Tax free is actually a bit of a misnomer. What it actually means is that they charge you upfront for the Tax and then pay it over to SARS on your behalf. Quickest and by far the easier method.

With the normal shipping Buffalo Freight will advise you once they know what the Tax is. You then pay over the Tax to them and they then release and send the package to you. You usually lose up to a week in delivery time because of this.

In the example below you have three choices.

R41.46 South Africa Direct Mail - (You are required to pay the Tax when the shipment arrives)
    R95.51 South Africa Direct Mail (Tax Free) - You pay them the Tax upfront and they hand it over to SARS on your behalf when the shipment arrives)
    R356.57 Express Shipping - Essentially direct door to door courier, and you pay Tax to courier company when the shipment arrives.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2021/06/28 at 10:50 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    For most purchases you can choose between normal and TAX free. Tax free is actually a bit of a misnomer. What it actually means is that they charge you upfront for the Tax and then pay it over to SARS on your behalf. Quickest and by far the easier method.

With the normal shipping Buffalo Freight will advise you once they know what the Tax is. You then pay over the Tax to them and they then release and send the package to you. You usually lose up to a week in delivery time because of this.

In the example below you have three choices.

R41.46 South Africa Direct Mail - (You are required to pay the Tax when the shipment arrives)
    R95.51 South Africa Direct Mail (Tax Free) - You pay them the Tax upfront and they hand it over to SARS on your behalf when the shipment arrives)
    R356.57 Express Shipping - Essentially direct door to door courier, and you pay Tax to courier company when the shipment arrives.
    Thank you. This helps alot. I thought this is how it works but I was battling to get confirmation.
    Sent from my iPhone

As a test I once ordered 2 of the same items. 1 tax free and other taxable. Paid the tax on the one once I got the amount. Both were delivered to my addy on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    As a test I once ordered 2 of the same items. 1 tax free and other taxable. Paid the tax on the one once I got the amount. Both were delivered to my addy on the same day.
    Was there any difference in duties?

I would like to buy two vfds from banggood. Please help me out with how to go about this. What options should I choose to make it plain sailing. Also how does it actually get to your house .Is this a courier organised by banggood. Is there a pick up place you can go to because Im on the road most of the time.This will be my first online purchase ever.

Two of the items are exactly the same. If I wanted to buy a totally seperate item would I expect to get the parcel at a different time and pay the transport duties or do they package it together .Are they organized enough to do that and how do you go about doing that if possible.
    Last edited by plunger; 2021/07/25 at 06:18 PM.

Take the option where the say something like import tax is sorted.

It will be delivered to your nearest PEP sstore

You'll get a notification and just collect.
    Last edited by jfh; 2021/07/25 at 06:24 PM.
    '07 Land Rover Defender 110 TDI 300 Kalahari (Meisiekind≤)
    '84 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 4-speed Hardtop (Meisiekind) Sold after 12 years of fun and hard work.
    The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Was there any difference in duties?
    Yes the paying of duties while it is en-route was less. As said delivered together. No delay when paying duties afterwards.
    Sorry for the delay in answering.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2021/07/25 at 06:31 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jfh View Post
    Take the option where the say something like import tax is sorted.

It will be delivered to your nearest PEP sstore

You'll get a notification and just collect.
    I all my cases it got delivered to my given address. In outside metro areas they use a lot of different courier options. At times Clicks is also used. Pep mostly to smaller towns AFAIK.

Ordered a O2 generator beginning of July, received it after 10 days.
    Johan Kriel

Talking Re: Banggood order

After being sceptical of BangGood I took the dive.
    Goods Arrived after 3 weeks (22July 2021), direct with the courier at my door.
    Opted for the Tax free (tax upfront Payment).

Us South africans have trust issues, so I am glad to have a positive result.

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    I would like to buy two vfds from banggood. Please help me out with how to go about this. What options should I choose to make it plain sailing. Also how does it actually get to your house .Is this a courier organised by banggood. Is there a pick up place you can go to because Im on the road most of the time.This will be my first online purchase ever.

Two of the items are exactly the same. If I wanted to buy a totally seperate item would I expect to get the parcel at a different time and pay the transport duties or do they package it together .Are they organized enough to do that and how do you go about doing that if possible.
    Just order Direct Tax Free. They sort out the logistics of number of packages and delivery. Often they will break up an order into multiple packages. I think this may be to do with weight or value limits or breakpoints.

All you need do is pay and wait. Extremely reliable supplier, with courier service at the price of postal.

Sometimes they deliver to your door, sometimes to PEP and you collect.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Just order Direct Tax Free. They sort out the logistics of number of packages and delivery. Often they will break up an order into multiple packages. I think this may be to do with weight or value limits or breakpoints.

All you need do is pay and wait. Extremely reliable supplier, with courier service at the price of postal.

Sometimes they deliver to your door, sometimes to PEP and you collect.
    It's because some items comes from different warehouses.

If you look in your cart, you will also see it split into different "sections" denoting the warehouses.

I've asked them this question before and this was the answer I got.

It's a PITA, but hey, it's cheap and worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    They normally send an E-Mail for the tax notice, then you do an EFT for the TAX. For me this is very inconvenient as I have to ask my accountant to do the EFT, and I may miss the E-Mail if I am not at my computer.

Also, they will consolidate delivery in SA so they could hold back the one parcel until the other is paid for, and then deliver both at the same time.

Thatís why I always choose the paid TAX option.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast