Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Drinking vessels

I don't know about you guys, but I have been looking for something to drink out of that feels just right in my hand.

I'm quite tactile defensive, so therefore am fussy about how things feel that I have to touch regularly.

As if that is not enough to contend with I'm also fussy about the temperature of my water. I can't stand lukewarm water that was in a water bottle all day in the car.

After lots of water bottles discarded in disappointment I eventually came across Atlasware flasks.

It's one of modern life's best inventions in my opinion.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Drinking vessels

They come in a 500ml, 700ml, 1L, and 2L size. I have all sizes but the 700 is my favorite. The 500ml is just empty too quickly for me.

The 700ml doesn't fit the drinks space in all cars, so check before you commit.

I have had so many good experiences with them, but it always surprises me when it lies in the hot sun to the extent that it burns your hand when you pick it up, but get the cap off and the contents are cool and refreshing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

One time I filled the 2L with all the remaining ice fingers from the ice tray. I drove for 4 hours in summer, stopped to visit someone leaving it in the hot car for 2 or 3 hours and then drove another 2 hours home.

On unpacking the car I could hear lots of ice tinkling. I was impressed. I decided to leave the ice in there to see what happens.

Next day, still tinkling. Day 2, still tinkling. Day 3, still ice. I couldn't believe it. Sadly I got distracted and never did find out how long it would have lasted.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

It is a flask and also keeps stuff warm. Not as well as it keeps stuff cold in my opinion. But if you need to collect someone from the airport they will be able to enjoy their coffee or tea nice and hot.
    Last edited by Emmie L; 2021/06/20 at 05:04 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

As it is metal and I'm quite paranoid about contamination, I have separate flasks for water and other drinks so can't comment on the versatility of it in that way.

Having found the perfect solution for traveling with water I then turned my search to something to drink out in the cup category.

I tried the various 'wine glasses' that camping manufacturers offer, but didn't like any of them.

The outside looks like a party, but inspite of claims of double walls and insulation... my drink became bath water.

Eventually I turned to sippy cups and they weren't much better. Until I found the ones by Miir.

They are amazing. The 230ml one is my favorite because it feels perfect in my hand. I also have a 340ml one.

They actually keep your drink cold for longer than 5 minutes.

Just like the Atlasware flasks they are quite pricey, but you get a return on investment. Unlike the cheaper, but not cheap ones I have tried.

If you come across a Miir cup, grab it. It's wonderful.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

Oh, and regarding Atlasware flasks.

I find the 'silver' that is not so silver is my favorite colour. It wears well. After that the lacquered colours are also lasting well as well as the orange peel textured ones of which the black is my favorite.

The flat paint colours are terrible and scratch very easy. I won't recommend you get those.

In terms of maintenance the seals in the caps wear out but you can find replacement seals or even caps.

Morning Emmie,
    No sleeping in on the weekends either?
    The flasks and cups sound great ,any chance of some pics?
    Thanks

Hi Guys.

Have a look here:

www.atlasware.co.za
    Gen 4 Pajero GLX 3.2 DiD
    Forum Radio Licence 1037

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diversions For This Useful Post:

I have been using Atlasware flasks for some years now and am incredibly impressed . This was after I had read a very favorable comparative review in some authoritative magazine or website, I cannot recall or find it. They were rated way above the traditional ones like Stanley and others.

I will only be posting this once if I can possibly resist .

For sale at all OD Warehouse outlets.
    Last edited by Stan Weakley; 2021/06/20 at 06:16 AM.
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

I know! My friends always tease me about how excited I get about the Atlasware flasks. I bought my first one before they even brought them into the country and have been a fan ever since.

I bought some as gifts for the nay sayers and now they sing my song too.

They make it really easy to drink enough water because they are in the car so you can sip on the way to and from work.

Only the Miir technology outstrips Atlasware in my opinion. That's why I love both.

The Miir cup actually keeps coffee hot until the end.

You can tell when you go below the cold keeping stuff in the Miir cup because the last sip should not be kept for later.

Oh, and while we are on the topic of drinking items...

I love, love, love glass straws.

I read some very disturbing numbers regarding plastic in oceans. Plastic straws featuring surprisingly large in there. The article suggested alternative straws as a solution.

Small changes can add up so I thought it might be worth a little experiment. I got a few. Keeping them in the cubby hole and in the kitchen is not a problem.

They felt strange and fat against my mouth compared to a plastic straw, but it was surprisingly quick to get used to.

What I did like from the first moment is that it doesn't taste like you are drinking from a can. It tastes like drinking from a glass, which I have always preferred.

The thought of a steel or bamboo or silicone straw creeps me out. How can you tell if it's really clean? But you can see if the glass is clean. I love that.

I store them individually in those plastic toothbrush containers from the crazy store. It works like a charm because it keeps the clean ones clean and gives you something to contain the mess for used ones. And they clean easily.

I have used them for a number of years now and have so far only broken one and that in a freak accident.

I'm surprised at how many straws I have declined in this time.

With Covid, we have even taken them with in restaurants.

I started as an experiment, but continued because I came to prefer them.

Those Atlasware 750ml/1 Litre flasks - are they VERY watertight??

Reason for asking, I need one for my bike trips, but it must be stored horizontally.

And which "proppie" (lid??) is best, the ordinary one or the one with the little handle??

They are. I've had one leak because of a faulty lid only.

I prefer the regular cap and only put the other one on if I clip it to a backpack or if I'm scared it's going to come loose for some reason.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emmie L View Post
    They are. I've had one leak because of a faulty lid only.

I prefer the regular cap and only put the other one on if I clip it to a backpack or if I'm scared it's going to come loose for some reason.
    Thanks....ja that handle looks lekker to pull it out between the other stuff on the tail pack, but the length bothers me.

Actually wanna thank you for this Thread (and Diversions for that link), actually "forgot" that I actually need this ASAP, planning a little trippie soon

Need one to fill with ice and water, to have water when riding AND then have ice when arriving at campsite for my beloved Jack & Coke
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2021/06/20 at 08:03 AM.

What is this water you speak of ?

The stuff I drink come in their own receptacles, and one has a choice of either glass or aluminium.

I only use the skulls of my enemies on special occasions...
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post

I only use the skulls of my enemies on special occasions...
    Hope it is not geriatric ones

Robert van den Berg

'98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Petri let your guys pick one up at a camping shop for you while they are in Pretoria today.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast