Default 3.2 GV, would you buy it?

Hi all
    I can buy a 2008 3.2 GV auto (185k kilometers on the clock) with quite a few extras for R100k. Is this a good buy? are they reliable? Please help me decide. It is a private sale and I need to know what to look for when I go take a look.
    Help Please!!
    Last edited by Johnna; 2021/06/17 at 08:24 PM.

Default Re: 3.2 GV, would you buy it?

They are excellent cars and very reliable.
    It is an older car though so there are a number of possible things that could need attending to (mostly suspension related / bearings)
    The main issue you likely to come accross is the throttle body, but at 185k km I would be very surprise if it had not already been replaced.
    2009 Suzuki GV 3.2
    ex : 2010 Suzuki GV 2.4 M/T
    ex : 2007 Audi A4 2.0T - RS4 rear suspension

Quote Originally Posted by ColeGP View Post
    They are excellent cars and very reliable.
    It is an older car though so there are a number of possible things that could need attending to (mostly suspension related / bearings)
    The main issue you likely to come accross is the throttle body, but at 185k km I would be very surprise if it had not already been replaced.
    Thank you Cole, does the price seem right? Are they very heavy on fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    Compared to a VW Up a V6 petrol SUV would be heavy on fuel. Compared to the 2.4 4 cylinder petrol, the 3.2 V6 isn't much worse. If you drive it nicely, that is. Kick the horses and you'll have to feed them.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    A v6 is inherently going to be quite thirsty, I usually get around 14L/100km in city driving with the odd spate of spirited driving.
    Is it a good price, its hard to say to be honest, they don't come up often and as a discontinued model its not something you see often.
    You say it has a lot of extras which can also influence the price, if you had some pictures that you could post of the condition / extras I am sure some of the other
    owners will be along and be able to give you some advice on that.
    Last edited by ColeGP; 2021/06/17 at 10:06 PM.
    2009 Suzuki GV 3.2
    ex : 2010 Suzuki GV 2.4 M/T
    ex : 2007 Audi A4 2.0T - RS4 rear suspension

Yes!
    My GV now has 170k km on it. The only issue I remember was a oil seal on the front diff/prop shaft that needed replacement - this was done by Suzuki as it was a factory fault. When driving decent (which is difficult as it is a V6 ), I get 11.5-12l/100km long distance. Mine is paid off and she costs me on insurance and fuel. I do the servicing myself. She has not let me down ever but I do look after her.
    2015 Isuzu KB250 D/C 4x4 HO LE - Mine / 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2l V6 Auto - Hers

Goodday
    If you want it buy it. I had a 2.4 and changed to a V6 bought it for R 92 000 in 2019. Fuel consumption more or less the same. I get with the v6 more or less like between 7 and 8 km/l on the open road I average like 10, sometimes better or worse. I bought mine with 162 000 km on, now on 190 000.
    What I did to it. When bought there was a nokking noice up front and a oil leak from the steering box. Replaced lower control arms and stabilizer bushes. Not all solved later did shocks and front strut bearings. Besides that nothing els but normal maintenance. Brake pads and tyres. Had it serviced by Suzuki at 176 000 km just for piece of mind. A while back a knock at front reapeard. Two Suzuki dealers advised me that the enjin mountings are shot, therefore I bought it from the dealership, to try and save a bit asked a local mec to assist me to replace it. We found two nuts were lose on the left mounting. Now I have two new mountings because Suzuki did not want to refund me for spares bought because of a faulty diagnosis by them. May just replace it since I have it. A great car. Take me every place I nead to go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Roverland For This Useful Post: