Default Hilux Vigo Hanging Wire

Afternoon guys & girls
    Hoping anyone can shed some light/info on my concern. I drive a 2010 Hilux Vigo D/C Raider and after completing a few trials at the 3 Provinces Off Road Venue, I noticed a loose hanging wire under my vehicle. It kinda difficult to describe but here goes. It is on the drivers side, looks like it comes out of the floorpan at the back of the gearbox and runs towards the front to about where the drive shafts are. It defiantly does not look like a tube that holds fluid of any kind, but looks more like a cable with a protective sleeve over it. The loose end looks like a sensor - have no idea what it is or more importantly where this end fits back into if it does fit in any where at all. As far as I can see no dash lights have come one so am a bit puzzled and hope that you clever people out there can share some insight into this one. I have taken two pics to assist, thanking in advance for any replies and wishing you all good health.
    Regards Stef
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1602.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	621770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1603.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	621771  

Default Re: Hilux Vigo Hanging Wire

That looks like the gearbox breather that lets air in/out. Should be placed up high in order not to suck in water when doing a water crossing.

Default Re: Hilux Vigo Hanging Wire

Agree that is definitely a breather .
    Last edited by JWR; 2021/07/05 at 04:44 PM.
    Jörg Reddig

1995 Discovery V8 ( Thor intake system , controlled by Spitronics Mercury 2)
    Land Rover 3.9 V8 " Defender 90 " Under Construction
    2021 Hilux Legend D/CAB ( Company Vehicle)