Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Are Voodoo Dolls Real or Am I Just a Bad Person

Like the title says are Voodoo dolls real or am I just a bad person? Because man have I've gone through a ruff patch lately.

It all started about two week ago when I discovered outside under 4 inches of concrete that I had a water leak. Cause, old galvanized rusted piping. Anyway no big deal didn't have 10k laying around to took it upon myself to reroute 50m of plastic piping.
    This all came to about 1.5k.

2 Days later I get a water and lights account for 50k. Something is wrong and it's definitely not the water. They have done some weird calc over a period of 4 months, but even if that was the case it still wouldn't add up to that amount. I haven't even tried to find out what the story is was hoping that I'll get a new updated account round about this time of the month. Still waiting.

Last week Thursday my 8 month old Dogo Argentino started throwing up, refused to eat by Friday. Saturday I took her to the vet and he looks at me as if he wanted to call the SPCA. She is skinny asks me if I'm feeding her enough etc etc. Anyway long story short he does x-ray no obstructions tells me he can take her in or I can try with meds to perk her up. Go for option 2 hoping she'll make a turn and that it would be cheaper. 3k later we home she eats a bit and I'm like ok I think she'll be ok now. Later that day she stops eating again, doesn't even want to drink water.
    Take her back to the vet on Sunday, they do a sonar, there is a sock stuck in her intestines they need to operate. Ok great stuff.
    The socks is out she's doing much better and hopefully coming home today. Estimated bill of 21k

Sunday we had a birthday lunch at my parents. Was a good day. Tuesday we find out that my mom tested positive for covid. Take the person with the weak chest that is usually the most cautious to get it. So now the worry is she going to be ok and are we going to get it now and then we still need to isolate as well. That's fine not like I go anywhere really and swambo's school closed because of covid cases so she's home for the next six weeks in any case.

Yesterday my 12yr old Rhodesion Ridgeback took a turn for the worse. He didn't want to eat and was gagging etc etc. We thought his stomach had turned but we decided to monitor him as it was already way past vet times . This morning he perked up a bit but he's still not 100's will have to monitor him. But if he turns again I'm afraid it's time for the jesus juice.

Ok world what next you going to through at me?
    GaryG

Honda Civic Type R
    - Daily Drive
    Isuzu KB 250 Xrider - Swambo
    Grand Cherokee WK2 Hemi - Sold
    4.0 XJ Jeep Cherokee - Sold

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViperR For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Are Voodoo Dolls Real or Am I Just a Bad Person

Quote Originally Posted by ViperR View Post
    Ok world what next you going to through at me?
    Some wise-ass on the forum's comment?

Strongs Boet!!!
    Ettienne de Kock

"ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

Strongs Viper

We go through times like that!

They happened and is just random. I really hope your dog improves and that everybody with Covid is OK.

Please keep us in the loop.
    Zerubbabel 2 the 2008 4.8 turbo Patrol with some kit
    Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way! (Zech 4:7)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:

Wow. What a run of bad luck! Wishing you all of the best!

I pray your mom will be OK.
    Johan Swanepoel

"Nkabe ke ngwana wa morago"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swannie1960 For This Useful Post:

Yip...sometimes ja...just when you think things are looking up and good and you managed to save something for what you planning...then boom .......need to replace the car's engine...what next...The 16 Year old Miniature Pincher passes...next...gearbox failure on my other car.. Next.. Hospital operation....next appliances packing up...next...gearbox...AGAIN...next...you have to move cause the house been sold where i live...next... Traffic speed fine....for like driving 55 in a 40 zone...next...PENDING.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to John.oosthuizen95 For This Useful Post:

I hear you!!! Last weekend we wondered if our holy father was telling us something as we also had a sting of bad luck

1 broke into our house over easter. Long story short but cost me 20k in the end

Then it was quiet for a few weeks then

1 Adelind (our oldest) teated + for covid. Self isolating with a 3 year old and 9 week old is not the way god intended us to live

2 receiver coms back and denies my 2019 return. Using invoice for car purchase, rather than delivery note as date of purchase, which falls in the incorrect year

3 receiver denies my claim for equity buyout that was paid incorrectly as a special bonus (so got taxed, and I am fighting to get tax back)

Auditor bill running into the 30k’s by now as I just cannot do it on my own

4 Saturday, standing in the kitchen, a bullet went through our roof in the tv room!!!! Name:  38DE5A96-0A3F-403E-ACBB-E414A907D4D6.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  84.6 KB

So yes life, bring on the next one
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 105
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post

4 Saturday, standing in the kitchen, a bullet went through our roof in the tv room!!!!
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

I hear you!!! Last weekend we wondered if our holy father was telling us something as we also had a sting of bad luck

1 broke into our house over easter. Long story short but cost me 20k in the end

Then it was quiet for a few weeks then

1 Adelind (our oldest) teated + for covid. Self isolating with a 3 year old and 9 week old is not the way god intended us to live

2 receiver coms back and denies my 2019 return. Using invoice for car purchase, rather than delivery note as date of purchase, which falls in the incorrect year

3 receiver denies my claim for equity buyout that was paid incorrectly as a special bonus (so got taxed, and I am fighting to get tax back)

Auditor bill running into the 30k’s by now as I just cannot do it on my own

4 Saturday, standing in the kitchen, a bullet went through our roof in the tv room!!!! Name:  38DE5A96-0A3F-403E-ACBB-E414A907D4D6.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  84.6 KB

Wow Bullet geewhiz wonder where that came from.
    GaryG

Honda Civic Type R
    - Daily Drive
    Isuzu KB 250 Xrider - Swambo
    Grand Cherokee WK2 Hemi - Sold
    4.0 XJ Jeep Cherokee - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    Some wise-ass on the forum's comment?

Strongs Boet!!!
    Here it is.

Its throw, not through.

Just kidding man, very sorry to learn of your extreme bad luck. We've all get those.

Just keep moving forward, it will stop eventually.
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Die SwartKat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Read between the lines - nowhere does he mention where his swambo was when the bullet hit
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    Read between the lines - nowhere does he mention where his swambo was when the bullet hit
    ....OOPSIE.....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to John.oosthuizen95 For This Useful Post:

Funny thing though... In 2016, I reckoned to myself in December, that 2017 could not be any worse than 2016. And then 2017 was considerably worse. And this has happened repeatedly. The same thing in 2017 - I was imagining that 2018 was going to be a breeze. And then 2018 came. And 2019, 2020 and now 2021.

I've given up saying that things "will get better" as the universe seems to see it as a challenge. I can imagine the universe hearing my comment whilst standing at a braai with his friends, and then telling them to "hold my drink and watch this" before they all laugh maniacally... The words of Douglas Adams actually come to mind: "Isn't it amazing how, when life cannot possible seem to get any worse, it suddenly does".

I'm sort of living in the "now" nowadays and dealing with the things that crop up as they crop up. That makes it tolerable.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. Strongs and good luck everybody. Although it is a very bumpy ride, it remains an awesome one.
    Last edited by iandvl; 2021/06/17 at 08:10 AM.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

I wanted to mention that maybe he needs to brush up on his braai skills but thought better of it so as to not derail the thread so I wont mention it
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

hahah, yes, true. She was hanging the washing.
    We had "SCI" (that is our special crimes devision) out on Monday as it is an AK 47 (so either army or police issue). But it came from an angle from Unam's side.
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Take her back to the vet on Sunday, they do a sonar, there is a sock stuck in her intestines they need to operate. Ok great stuff.
    The socks is out she's doing much better and hopefully coming home today. Estimated bill of 21k

My retriever did the same, had a piece of rope stuck, but the cost were half of yours

...Yesterday my 12yr old Rhodesion Ridgeback took a turn for the worse. He didn't want to eat and was gagging etc etc. We thought his stomach had turned but we decided to monitor him as it was already way past vet times . This morning he perked up a bit but he's still not 100's will have to monitor him. But if he turns again I'm afraid it's time for the jesus juice.
    Ja some days or weeks I also feel as if I am living in either a circus or someone else's really bad movie.

Don't give up on your Ridgeback. He may have Spirocerca lupi. It is a worm that causes nodes in, amongst other things, their esophagus which makes them vomit/gag the minute they eat. It is very dangerous, but treatable; Flukiver shots for a few weeks. Do take him to the vet, it is easy to diagnose. It does however not heal by itself and if the worm gets into his aorta, it is game over very, very quickly.

Strongs.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/06/17 at 08:22 AM.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Die SwartKat View Post
    Here it is.

Its throw, not through.

Just kidding man, very sorry to learn of your extreme bad luck. We've all get those.

Just keep moving forward, it will stop eventually.
    100%!

I was wondering how many posts it would take before someone realized that I was that wise-ass.Though I was just trying to inject something light into a thread that could turn dark very quickly.

However, that takes nothing away from the fact that the original poster (and lots of others on here) are going through some seriously sihty times.
    Ettienne de Kock

"ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

O, I forgot. Last weekend (two weeks back), Saturday braai, Swambo and Vanya ws sitting in front of the fire warming up, I put on the lights (we lit the fire at 16h00). Bang, a lightbulb exploded right above them, shattering those thin slivers of glass everywhere!!! That could have easily ended up in Vanya's eyes!!

Yesterday, Swambo did something and fell her ass off!! Knee bruised and I've got a sneaky suspicion her ankle ligaments are gone
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    I wanted to mention that maybe he needs to brush up on his braai skills but thought better of it so as to not derail the thread so I wont mention it
    Thanks for not mentioning it.

Yesterday, Swambo did something and fell her ass off!!
    Thats why I rarely do anything.

Too risky.

A WK, XJ and a Ducati...

"Stil, broers,daar gaan ‘n man verby, hy groet, en dis verlaas.
    Daar’s nog maar een soos hy; bekyk hom goed."

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast