Default 2005 Scorpio 2.6 suv. Battery change guages misbehave

Hello. I have change battery fo my scorpio. All were 100%. Then after a month the battery got flat. The radio was the culprit. Took radio out. Charge battery. When i put battery back the fuel gauge just keep going to fast full. Then after 2 days the temp gauge alao start.to miss behave. Will be normal suddenly go to red and then up and down. Have disconnect battery complete amd leave overnight. Connect + first then - . Still the same. What else.cam i do?

Default Re: 2005 Scorpio 2.6 suv. Battery change guages misbehave

There is some kind of problem with Mahindra, if you disconnect the battery, then the fuel gauge doesn't work properly. Happens to me every time. Then after a few weeks or months it starts working properly. I never found out why.

Also after you drive for about 10 minutes the fuel gauge will give the accurate reading. But next time you start the vehicle, the same problem.

For me I have never had the problem with the temperature gauge.

Hello Kiwi. I had the same problem in 2017 with fuel gauge as you said it just started to work again after awhile. Temp was not a problem till last week. It just make me fed-up.
    And I do not get any information on the net to what to do.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zebraaas For This Useful Post:

I like my scorpio. Just the small problems now and then. Mine only done 77000km.
    Last edited by zebraaas; 2021/06/17 at 06:32 AM.

Same problem here....

My Thar's fuel gauge is very erratic between half and full. It does seem to indicate correctly in the lower half of the range. BUT, that does not include those times if doesn't even come off the mark at all!

This seems to be a Mahindra trait, not sure why. What I did notice is that it does tend to behave better if you use the vehicle regularly and fill it up full all the time, then the gauge seems to work more consistently. But it is a pain. I monitor my trip meter all the time to get a good idea of where I am in the tank.

Weird stuff..... you would think with all the vehicles manufactured by now this type of issue would have been put to bed.

Interestingly, SWAMBO's Bolero with the old style dashboard instruments has never missed a beat in over 7 years and works fine.
    Eric
    ----------
    (ZS6EPL)

ME_______ - 2018 Mahindra THAR - Hard Top / VHF+UHF Comms / Dual Battery system / Winch
    SWAMBO__ - 2014 Mahindra BOLERO - Feels like an SJ / loads like a truck / tows like a tank!
    RETIRED___ - Zooks Galore ...'08 Jimny / '99 Gen 1 GV / 1.6 Vitara JLX-x2 / SJ413 SWB-x3 / SJ413 LWB-x1 / SJ410-x2.

Agreed. Correctly functioning units such as in pretty much any other vehicle are not only cheap, but simple. Why Mahindra has not fixed the issue I do not understand.

I have been tempted to take the entire unit out of my backie and replace it with one from some other brand that would fit. Just, have not yet taken the time to do it.

Hello. the fuel and temp gauges was working fine. Had problem and fit new battery. Battery run down. Radio was culprit. Took radio out. charge battery. When I fit battery the fuel gauge went up to above full. and about 2 days later the temp gauge start miss behave. Will go up to red and then come down and move in between. The fuel goes down to empty when switch off. The same with temp, but temp is not going back completely. I tried all now to reset. Please if some one know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by zebraaas View Post
    Hello. the fuel and temp gauges was working fine. Had problem and fit new battery. Battery run down. Radio was culprit. Took radio out. charge battery. When I fit battery the fuel gauge went up to above full. and about 2 days later the temp gauge start miss behave. Will go up to red and then come down and move in between. The fuel goes down to empty when switch off. The same with temp, but temp is not going back completely. I tried all now to reset. Please if some one know what to do?

I find the problem. The earth wire just after battery and body did connect very well. I sand the body and wire fitting a bit. Work 100 persent now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zebraaas For This Useful Post: