Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: Most "Comfortable" family road vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Groenman View Post
    To the OP: Congrats and solid choice.

We previously had a Trailblazer and now we have the DC Isuzu.

SWAMBO still sits at the back with our child (2) on long trips (still rear facing in his seat). She says it's fine for her. I won't be able to sit in the back that long.

I think smaller children are fine in the back of a DC, it's after all all their fietsies, toys, prams etc that take up all the space in the bak in the first place! (No really, I don't see how you can fit everything into a SUV when you have small children. I would not have been able to in the Trailblazer. And to think my parents managed with a Golf and later a Corolla).

When I bought the Isuzu second hand, it already had a Bushtech canopy and dust kit. I am so thankful to the previous owner, it's perfect and I can honestly, hand on the Bible confirm that not a single spec of dust makes it's way into the bak when we travel on gravel.
    One manages with what one has to work with! But in seriousness there is a lot of stuff that simply gets left off the list if your space is limited. Luckily I have the option of a trailer for the Q5 and I also got some roof bars so would be able to look at a roof box as an alternative if needed. We now have 3 in the back (6, 4 and 2 months) so no way mom can sit there, luckily the 6 year old is very adept at putting the dummy back if need be! I do still lust after a D4, the usable 4rd row seats would be very very useful...

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

Default Re: Most "Comfortable" family road vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    One manages with what one has to work with! But in seriousness there is a lot of stuff that simply gets left off the list if your space is limited. Luckily I have the option of a trailer for the Q5 and I also got some roof bars so would be able to look at a roof box as an alternative if needed. We now have 3 in the back (6, 4 and 2 months) so no way mom can sit there, luckily the 6 year old is very adept at putting the dummy back if need be! I do still lust after a D4, the usable 4rd row seats would be very very useful...
    Very true - if we go away in my wife's platkar, things like the high chair etc just get left behind... We'll cope without it. If we go in the Prado, it still gets packed to the hilt for the same length trip... Go figure

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5