Default Squeaky front coils

Hi all.

This might be a dumb question, but i was told there are no dumb q's and you only learn from asking.

I have a 2013 Chevy Trailblazer. The front absorbers were replaced last year, and now when I drive and go over speedbumps etc from early morning to round about 14h00 the front suspension makes a squeaking noise. Could it be that the coils are worn out or does it just need some lube.

When I got the car beginning of last year i did Groenkloof 4x4 trail(every section including the rocky part) without knowing that the suspension(absorbers) needed replacing. Could that have resulted in damaging the coils or what?

And what would it take to actually damage the coils?

The rear coils are still fine no sound from there cause there is airbellows in them.

TIA.

Default Re: Squeaky front coils

The coils are probably fine. The sqeeking comes from the suspension bushes and rubbers. Lubricating them once a year or so will sort it out but if they are torn/damaged you need to replace
    Willie Knoetze

2019 Nissan NP300 2.5tdi d/c 4x4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FWM For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Squeaky front coils

Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    The coils are probably fine. The sqeeking comes from the suspension bushes and rubbers. Lubricating them once a year or so will sort it out but if they are torn/damaged you need to replace
    I agree.
    My Blazer started doing exactly the same after about a year (from new), but only for a very short while and only when cold. I have considered lubing the bushes, but don't want to create a "grit trap". Also, it really doesn't bother me.
    What should one use, and how do you get it in there? I always carry a can of silicon spray in my little emergency tool kit, I suppose that could work.