• My Conqueror Supra
    • My quad trailer
    • All the wheels of my cattle trailer
    • My firefighter - on the quad trailer.
    • All the diesel in the store
    • Tractor's battery
    • Energizer's battery

and I can go on.

So I want to build a simple alarm system with a 8Ah battery, truck hooter, 20W panel and switches (no electricity available) The concept is quite simple:
    1. Door contact switch in series with
    2. this
    3. connected to the hooter through a relay to handle the current.

My concern is my workers not switching it on. So now I want to change the system so that it self arms. So if you open the door, the hooter goes off, basically testing the alarm every time you open the doors. Then a push button switch inside the store disable the alarm, and as soon as you close the doors, the alarm arms itself.

Anybody done this before?
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

083 399 2046

Default Re: Self arming alarm system

That is enough to tick anybody off!

With regard to you testing it all the time, there is the danger that people become used to hearing it and then not responding when its needed. Kind of like a cry wolf scenario.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopped For This Useful Post:

https://www.homemade-circuits.com/ma...-home-burglar/

Above is some ideas. First circuit is pretty basic and should put you on the right track
    My Life Loving It

Another approach is to use something like the Eagle 6 wireless alarm. Zelatech sell it. The sensors "talk" wirelessly to the panel. Inside the panel is a sim card. You can choose what functionality you want via cell phone. It can be armed and disarmed remotely via the cell phones registered on the system. You can also request system status via cell phone and a lot more functions.
    Current - 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0CRDi 4x4 d/c
    Previous - 2005 Ranger 2.5 tdi 4x2 d/c (277 422km)

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    I recently got robbed big time on the farm. In 1 night 3 guys took:

• My Conqueror Supra
    • My quad trailer
    • Tractor's battery
    • Energizer's battery

and I can go on.

So I want to build a simple alarm system with a 8Ah battery, truck hooter, 20W panel and switches (no electricity available) The concept is quite simple:
    2. this

My concern is my workers not switching it on. So now I want to change the system so that it self arms. So if you open the door, the hooter goes off, basically testing the alarm every time you open the doors. Then a push button switch inside the store disable the alarm, and as soon as you close the doors, the alarm arms itself.

Ai, dit maak mens die m#$r in
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tweeling For This Useful Post:

Roboguard beams are self re-arming. That said I don't know how to do it.

Put 1 roboguard beam in your store.

Yna, where was your workers, how far do they sleep from the stoor?
    Double, even triple up on the noise, don't just scare them and alert others, you want to make them pee their pants and cause some hearing damage in the process.
    Loudest siren you can find within reasonable budget, anything over 100 dB or so coming from more than one direction should do just fine even if you have to double the battery size.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2021/06/12 at 05:02 PM.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

• My Conqueror Supra
    • My quad trailer
    • Tractor's battery
    • Energizer's battery

and I can go on.

2. this

Sorry to hear about this major loss.

Instead of the receiver to remotely arm/disarm - what about a window/door magnet switch which the workers can each have one or store the magnet in a central place.
    The same window switch can be wired in series and a disarm inside the door to disable the hooter.

I can provide a circuit with 3 screws next to each other. Finger on the centre and left to arm and centre and right to disarm. These can be hidden where the workers know where it is at each door. This is not what you want for self arming but just an idea.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    https://www.homemade-circuits.com/ma...-home-burglar/

Above is some ideas. First circuit is pretty basic and should put you on the right track
    Thanks. I'd like to stay away from electronics - I want to keep it simple and robust.

I am trying to do it with two relays, two door contact switches and a push button switch.
    Everything is a hammer.

Then it it a chisel.

083 399 2046

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Sorry to hear about this major loss.

Instead of the receiver to remotely arm/disarm - what about a window/door magnet switch which the workers can each have one or store the magnet in a central place.
    The same window switch can be wired in series and a disarm inside the door to disable the hooter.

I can provide a circuit with 3 screws next to each other. Finger on the centre and left to arm and centre and right to disarm. These can be hidden where the workers know where it is at each door. This is not what you want for self arming but just an idea.
    It could work.
    Everything is a hammer.

Then it it a chisel.

083 399 2046

• My Conqueror Supra hooked to vehicle?
    • My quad trailer hooked to vehicle as it had firefighter on it?
    • All the wheels of my cattle trailer loadbed of vehicle
    • All the diesel in the store loadbed of vehicle
    • Tractor's battery
    • Energizer's battery

and I can go on.
    I am wondering about the logistics of this all....(don't know setup)

Now my first question is....gate security? How did they get to the store with at least one vehicle, I suspect two?

How far is workers away from store? I presume they stay on premises as you want to install some kind of noise alarm. Then what do you expect them to do if they hear noise?

I am not questioning anything about the robbery, just need to understand the modus operandi as I had my pumpstore burned down 10 days ago,. Far from anything except close to town. Rest of my stores close to home.
    I have two gates, road gate always locked and inner perimeter with locked gate at night.
    Robert van den Berg

'98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Am in process to install tripwires.....fishing line, 12V car battery, car hooter and clothes peg with contacts

Need to set them everyday though, otherwise Roboguard, just bloody expensive
    Robert van den Berg

'98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I am wondering about the logistics of this all....(don't know setup)

Now my first question is....gate security? How did they get to the store with at least one vehicle, I suspect two?

How far is workers away from store? I presume they stay on premises as you want to install some kind of noise alarm. Then what do you expect them to do if they hear noise?

I am not questioning anything about the robbery, just need to understand the modus operandi as I had my pumpstore burned down 10 days ago,. Far from anything except close to town. Rest of my stores close to home.
    I have two gates, road gate always locked and inner perimeter with locked gate at night.

They came in through the neighboring farm. Pushed the trailers about 2km (downhill) and hooked them. Police recons there is a truck waiting at the main road which drops teams off and then wait for them there. They place spies next to the road to warn the truck when other vehicles are coming. We found the quad trailer where they loaded the groceries onto the truck. Went out the way that doesn't yet have cameras on the main road and at the gravel road intersections.

I am busy installing cameras to view all the key points on the farm now (sheep, stores, workers house etc)

Workers is about 200m away from the store, so a loud alarm is required.
    Everything is a hammer.

Then it it a chisel.

083 399 2046

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uys For This Useful Post:

Inside job?

Won't it be worth moving the workers closer to the stores?

I'm sorry but arriving on a farm in the dark, presume this was in the dark and finding all those things without making any noise or light plus then leaving without making a noise sounds very improbable if they didn't have any prier knowledge of the place. Sound travels very far at night, especially on a farm, drop a spanner, rattle a chain, kick a empty oil can and someone will easily hear it 200m away.

They robbed my storage unit in Pretoria on a Sunday evening, used a angle grinder to cut the locks but yet security still claimed they heard nothing, hence why I always smell inside job.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Sorry to hear about the loss.
    Not answering or having a solution to your question of self arming( it can be solved with the relays system etc you planned), but maybe it could help building a system where there is no elecktricty

Expensive though
    https://kwebeams.co.za/
    Sensors have inbuilt alarm and works with batteries, lasting 2 to 4 years
    Other components need extra power source

https://mkwinkel.co.za/

https://www.takealot.com/ids-805-alarm-kit/PLID54549313

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...e-control.html
    Last edited by MonkeyPeeler; 2021/06/13 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Adding

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyPeeler For This Useful Post:

IDS alarm panels (and i assume other brands as well) can self arm on time and /or lack of movement and you can power from battery and if you only use contact switches and not pirs the power requirement is low.
    Neil

25. The Following User Says Thank You to neoT For This Useful Post:

Not as basic as what you are looking for but if you have cell signal there then you can set up a GSM switch system to arm/disarm the alarm, and get a confirmation SMS when the alarm is armed and a sms when the alarm is triggered.

Have a look at installing an Ajax alarm system. Fully wireless system that is all programmed and controlled via an app, runs off a SIM card or your internet so you can self monitor.

Sensor range is from 1.2km to 1.7km with 5 year battery life, perfect conditions. So you could connect sensors to your farms gates. Some indoor sensors come with a camera that sends you pictures when triggered, the outdoor sensors with the camera have also just been released. What I have seen it seems to be taking over the market or soon very will be due to the ease of set up and remote configuration.

They lots of sensors that you can install on your doors, smaller curtain beams to outdoor beams. Has wireless sirens so you can install a couple around the place and wireless relays which you could use to turn on spot lights.

Do some research into this alarm system, I would rather install a proper alarm system that will not let you down when needed.

If you install cameras I would also say those need to be monitored by an offsite monitoring company to pick up anyone entering your property.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Tekkie Tub For This Useful Post:

Ek gaan vinnig in Afrikaans verduidelik. Limit switch op deur. Limit switch maak toe as deur oop is. Relay 1 switch aan. Siren kom aan deur R1 en R2. Druk reset knop. R2 switch aan en siren sit af. Sodra deur toe is switch R1 en R2 af. Siklus herhaal. Die Led is ekstra as jy wil sien van buite dat alles OK is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Riaan
    Mahindra S10 DC Pikup
    GWM Steed DC 2.8 TCi - Dastek(Sold)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast