Default Kanye camping and road conditions CKGR

We plan to do our postponed trip, including a couple of "forced changes", to Botswana in 2022.
    With McCarthy's Rest border post closed, we will have to access through Ramatlabama on route to Mabuasehube.
    Does anybody know of a good campsite on the Botswana side of Ramatlabama, probably in the region of Kanye?

Secondly, I have heard that the road from Rakops to the Matswere gate in CKGR is in a terrible condition, haven't been there for 12 years.
    If anybody travelled that road recently, please give me an indication of what the real situation is.
    Will it be passable with a Mobi Lodge, towed by a 4,0 Prado (our friends' outfit)?

Default Re: Kanye camping and road conditions CKGR

Closer to Lobatse, is Phuduhudu Safari Camp (was a bit tired last time I was there), and Chasmiru.
    Malcolm
    2015 Pajero 3.2 LWB
    Bushwakka Sundowner No. 31

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mcowell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Footloose View Post
    We plan to do our postponed trip, including a couple of "forced changes", to Botswana in 2022.
    With McCarthy's Rest border post closed, we will have to access through Ramatlabama on route to Mabuasehube.
    Does anybody know of a good campsite on the Botswana side of Ramatlabama, probably in the region of Kanye?

Secondly, I have heard that the road from Rakops to the Matswere gate in CKGR is in a terrible condition, haven't been there for 12 years.
    If anybody travelled that road recently, please give me an indication of what the real situation is.
    Will it be passable with a Mobi Lodge, towed by a 4,0 Prado (our friends' outfit)?
    Rakops-Matswere entrance is a straight forward 50 minutes to an hour plus route, which is easy to do. You didnt mention when you will be travelling, because, YES that route can get terrible during rainy season from November-April. Other than that, its an easy route.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PAT n WOLF For This Useful Post:

Will betravelling via Matswere in mid May, so we should be OK then.